• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virtual Reality Pokemon

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    I was just thinking about this. If you could just put on a VR headset and enter the Pokemon world and play the Pokemon game from a true first person view.
    Wouldn't that be so cool. I feel like the technology for something like that is coming pretty soon. If that kind of thing was available, I'd probably quit real life and spend on my time the the Pokemon world.

Years
    I can see the appeal in that for many, but for me I wouldn't be interested much. I am not too big a fan of first person perspective games and am not really even very interested in VR a whole lot due to the fact that all the experiences in VR would be just first person style. I have always preferred to see my characters in video games.

Pokemon Go though seems to be that first step into what you are talking about. It's not Virtual Reality but it's Augmented Reality, close enough and I bet maybe within 10 years and VR becomes something much more affordable for consumers (if it even truly catches on) then we might see a Pokemon game in VR.

Years
    The technology is already here. The problem is a lot of people can't handle the feeling of seeing yourself move but not actually moving in the real world. It's very disturbing and causes motion sickness in people. That said, what they could do is have VR just for the battle system, where you are just standing still commanding your pokemon. Add in voice commands (again, they technology for that already exists) and it would make an amazing experience.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    It would be expensive, though, for the VR gear itself and you need a fairly powerful games system to be able to run the game at a constantly high framerate for smooth VR.

Years
    It would be expensive, though, for the VR gear itself and you need a fairly powerful games system to be able to run the game at a constantly high framerate for smooth VR.

True. The people I know who have VR systems run on a pretty high spec gaming rig. That said, I reckon I could run it on my rig, which cost me £1000 to build, plus £500 for the occulus rift hardware and you're good to go. Of course, then you need something to program the software and intergrat it into the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    I really don't want to sound like a snob, but it feels like a lot of people in here haven't put in much time to really dig in and research the VR tech. I suggest /r/oculus, /r/vive, and /r/virtualreality for starters. It's amazing stuff they are doing, but my standards are way too high. I'm not buying into CV1 for any HMD that is being released this year. I'm waiting for consumer experiences and reviews prior to making any decisions.

Pokemon VR would be pretty cool, Pokemon GO sounds like it's going to be the first AR system. But what I really want is a massive-scaled Poke-MMO that includes all mentioned regions.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    But what I really want is a massive-scaled Poke-MMO that includes all mentioned regions.

I've had no personal experinece with VR but this I could get behind. An official Pokemon MMo would be radtastic!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    VR is my favorite concept in the universe because it is a way for me to exist as I truly desire. So if it involved Pokemon, I'd be behind it. Of course, I'll have to wait until the technology becomes developed enough to feel truly realistic. And when it becomes more affordable, most of all.

It would be even cooler though if you could BE a Pokemon. Being a trainer? Well, I'm already a human in real life, so that's not special to me. Give me an experience that really takes me out of myself.

Years
    VR is my favorite concept in the universe because it is a way for me to exist as I truly desire. So if it involved Pokemon, I'd be behind it. Of course, I'll have to wait until the technology becomes developed enough to feel truly realistic. And when it becomes more affordable, most of all.

It would be even cooler though if you could BE a Pokemon. Being a trainer? Well, I'm already a human in real life, so that's not special to me. Give me an experience that really takes me out of myself.

Now that's a pretty cool idea, being a Pokemon. My first thought goes to something like Mystery Dungeon where you are a Pokemon. Or maybe it could be you living life as a Pokemon in the wild. One thing I'd really love to see would be Pokemon Snap in VR. That would get me more excited than just a normal style Pokemon VR game. A spin off would also probably be a better way to go about releasing the first VR Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gaming on VR headsets is not mainstream as of yet, but hopefully, it will be someday. When it does, I would not mind if Pokémon were to jump into this scene at all; like a lot of us here, experiencing the Pokémon world first-hand would be a dream come true for me.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    VR isn't much trendy very much yet, but I don't mind if there's a simulator for pokemon where you just act like any pokemon you wanna be. You have to pester Gamefreak if you want pokemon VR game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Just like 3D movies, virtual reality is just a fad that will eventually fade away, thus losing the appeal of virtual reality Pokémon.

Pokemon VR would be pretty cool, Pokemon GO sounds like it's going to be the first AR system. But what I really want is a massive-scaled Poke-MMO that includes all mentioned regions.

The day we get a Pokémon MMO is the day we get Half-Life 3.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    The day we get a Pokémon MMO is the day we get Half-Life 3.

Truth be told! So what you are really saying is... when we get a Pokemon MMO is when HL3 = confirmed!?

I was also all over the VR bandwagon until I tried it. I'll stick to not moving at all and still gaming. Waiting for that FullDive, lol.

Years
    If virtual reality headsets weren't so expensive, I'd buy a Pokemon VR game in an instant.

The only thing that could be better than that is if Pokemon were in real life... But I doubt that's happening anytime soon. {XD}

Back