• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    How do you keep the spawned overworld pokemon in the grass? They spawn there but they running everywhere

Days
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    Exception `RuntimeError' at [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:679 - can't add a new key into hash during iteration
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:679:in `spawnPokeEvent'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:477:in `pbPlaceEncounter'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:381:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Automatic Spawning - Overworld Encounters Add On] add_on_automatic_spawning.rb:45:in `block in <main>'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
    036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
    032:Scene_Map:155:in `updateSpriteset´
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi can someone tell me whats the Problem here? :D i am pretty new in Essentials

Last edited:
    Years
  • Love this resource. Do any of the plugins have settings relating to making it so overworld encounters can only appear/move on grass or other specific tiles only?

How do you keep the spawned overworld pokemon in the grass? They spawn there but they running everywhere

I made a simple add-on that restricts the movement of spawned pokemon as you wished.
    The add-an is called "Restrict Movement - Overworld Encounters Add-On" and you can find it on the github page of the vissible overworld wild encounters plugin.
    With this add-on, spawned pokemon will move only on there starting terrain. I.e. grass encounters move on grass and will not leave it. Note that spawned pokemon will be trapped on isolated tiles (such as a single grass tile) when you use this add-on.

I haven't tested the add-on yet. So let me know if there are any bugs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello! I'm sorry for asking about an error for a pretty old version of Essentials, but in Spanish community is the one we work the most with. The matter in here is that there's an overlaping of the wild Pokémon that spawn and the priorities on my tiles, as the wild Pokémon are shown above the tiles with priority above 1. I'd like to know if there's any possible solution to this error or it's just due to the Essentials version. Thanks in advance for even reading this comment and sorry again for asking about old versions.

Hi. To give some helpful advice, I need more infomations.
    • Which version of Pokemon Essentials do you use?
    • Is your Pokemon Essentials version highly modified?
    • Which version of the visible overworld wild encounters script do you use?
    • Do you use any modifications (supported or selfmade) of the visible overworld wild encounters script?

Besides these, I have a good idea to deside if your bug is caused by the visible overworld wild encounters script or by the outdated Pokemon Essentials version.
    1. Open the map editor and search for the tile where the error occures.
    2. Place an ordinary event on that tile, choose a with sprite (pokemon or npc should not madder), set the movement and start playtesting.
    If that sprite also causes the bug then it definitely comes from your Pokemon Essentials version.

Moreover, I remember that there is a bug concerning fog sprites in Pokemon Essentials version 16. You can find a conversation about this between ArchyTheArc and me in this thread. Maybe this helps. However that bug was removed in Pokemon Essentials version 17.

Years
  • Exception `RuntimeError' at [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:679 - can't add a new key into hash during iteration
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:679:in `spawnPokeEvent'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:477:in `pbPlaceEncounter'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:381:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Automatic Spawning - Overworld Encounters Add On] add_on_automatic_spawning.rb:45:in `block in <main>'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
    036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
    032:Scene_Map:155:in `updateSpriteset´
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi can someone tell me whats the Problem here? :D i am pretty new in Essentials

Can you please do the following
    1. Go to the githup page of Pokemon Essentials version 20.1 and overwrite your data of Pokemon Essentials with that latest version.
    2. Install the latest version 20.0.0.4 of the visible overworld wild encounters plugin.
    3. Start playtesting and try to force the error again.
    4. Send me the error message and describe the situation where the error occures.

I will look forward for your answer.

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
    Years
  • I got the latest version from the github link but I still get this error:

Plugin Error:
    Plugin 'Restrict Monement - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add on' requires plugin 'Visible Overworld Wild Encounters' version 20.0.0.4 or higher. but the installed version is 20.0.0.3

Years
  • I got the latest version from the github link but I still get this error:

Plugin Error:
    Plugin 'Restrict Monement - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add on' requires plugin 'Visible Overworld Wild Encounters' version 20.0.0.4 or higher. but the installed version is 20.0.0.3

Thank you for your report. The github version has been updated now. You can download and use it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hello, from time to time I get this error:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:127:in `each'
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:127:in `update'
    [Additional Despawn Methods - Overworld Encounters Add On] 005_add_on_additional_despawn_methods.rb:65:in `update'
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:152:in `update'
    [Additional Despawn Methods - Overworld Encounters Add On] 005_add_on_additional_despawn_methods.rb:65:in `update'
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:152:in `update'

Years
  • Hello, from time to time I get this error:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:127:in `each'
    [Additional Animations - Overworld Encounters Add On] 002_add_on_additional_animations.rb:127:in `update'

Possibly, the error occurs in the situation where you playtest your project and restart playtesting by pushing the playtest-button in the editor without closing the current game window. If so, then you can easily avoid this error by closing the window before starting to playtest again. In addition, a player cannot run into that error in your completed game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    looks like a fun plugin. only thing i want to ask at the moment is that under the v20 and v21 one of the addons was for the lavander town ghosts but the only script for them ive found is for pe17 is this the correct one still? just want to be sure before i break something using the wrong script since it seems to require a lot of editing

Years
  • looks like a fun plugin. only thing i want to ask at the moment is that under the v20 and v21 one of the addons was for the lavander town ghosts but the only script for them ive found is for pe17 is this the correct one still? just want to be sure before i break something using the wrong script since it seems to require a lot of editing

The "overworld lavender town ghosts add-on" is an optional add-on that was originally written (back in the days of pe17) to make the "lavender town ghosts script" (also for pe17) compatible with overworld sprites. Hence, a working "lavender town ghost script" is required or you simply don't add the "overworld lavender town ghosts add-on" to your project.
    However, the "overworld lavender town ghosts add-on" does not guarantee that the old, required script is still working in pe21 nor that it was updated for v21. But, if you have a working "lavender town ghosts script" then the overworld component will also work, or at least if not I could update it.

Years
  • The Visible Overworld Wild Encounter Plugin automatically keeps events spawned on Transfer or Save Load as long as you do NOT include the add-on (i.e. the subfolder from the github repository) called "Remove Poke Events On Load Save Transfer - Overworld Encounters Add On" to your project.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I don't have it, so I am unsure why the events are unloading.

How would I do what Remove Events does but in reverse?

EDIT: I've managed to do it, but the Sprite for the Pokemon is just free floating, disconnected from the Event itself.

I've seen this before with Following Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't have it, so I am unsure why the events are unloading.

How would I do what Remove Events does but in reverse?

EDIT: I've managed to do it, but the Sprite for the Pokemon is just free floating, disconnected from the Event itself.

I've seen this before with Following Pokemon.
    Okay. Then I should also test it. Which Pokemon Essentials Version do you use? And which version of the visible overworld wild encounter plugin do you use? Do you use any addons for the visible overworld encounters plugin? And do you use any other plugins in your project? And if you want, then you can send me the code you wrote to reverse what Remove Events does.

Days
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    V21.1

Spoiler: Images of Errors

After the first 2 images I removed the first 'do' (see below) but when I finally got it working it crashed, showing image 3.

Spoiler: Code

Back