• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista or XP?

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Vista was the worst thing I have ever invested in. Legitimately. It takes up a CRAPLOAD of RAM, any programs I'd like to use aren't compatible, and XP was all around just better. Idk. I think it probably works for some people, but not me.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I do believe we've already had a thread like this, but seeing as I'm here, I'll say this: If you want vista features and have them work,Get Mac OSX Tiger. thats where they cam from and thats where they work.
    search for "NYT david Pogue" on youtube and click the first video. that should give a great Idea of Vista

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I will just say my pc has onl crashed twice today. :p
    So I think yes

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Yeah, this thread deals with your topic already x_Sakura_Haruno_x, so I merged it.

I have Windows Vista, but I really do miss XP.
    Vista's very pretty and all, but when it crashes, it crashes. The worst thing to ever have on a Vista is for the explorer.exe to crash. And the updates can be a pain as well if they fail or don't complete.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've actually never ever ever had a problem with my Vista. I love it a lot, and I know that Vista sucks for a lot of things, but I only use it for the very very basic things (FTP, Photoshop, iTunes, etc.). XP, I guess, is better in the long run, however, I just love Vista's interface so much more :] Vista gets my vote.

One thing that bothers me about Vista, though, are the versions of Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player that come with it. WMM always crashes on me and WMP just... it's not that great. >.<

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    We just bought a Vista. I haven't really found anything wrong with it. The screen is to big...but I'm used to a laptop so that doesn't really count. xD It didn't come with a new version of Microsoft Works which really pissed me off. That was one reason we bought a new computer. It's kind of strange...I dunno. I still use my XP laptop alot...but it's realllly slow. I would also wait for a newer version to come out. I wish we'd of done that.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I know I've posted twice already here, but there's a big difference between those and this post. those times I was posting from XP, this post is being posted from Windows Vista Ultimate. now for the judgement of actually using it.

Stick with XP. Vista has its cool things, like the sidebar, theme, and stuff. however it does have its drawbacks. I can now only connect to My printer. my family has 4 printers. all of them work with XP, but mine (which I use for Photos) is the only Vista compatiblte one. (all of them where bought within the last 4 years)

the one feature I do like from Vista that I have yet to find for XP is the Tablet Writing inout feature (only available in Home Premium and Ultimate)
    I have however found many ways to get Aero features, Sidebar/gadget features, and others.
    my final word, stick with XP until SP1 comes out later this year.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I absolutly hate vista to be honest, all the dang security with it too.. :/ It was just for ME terrible, it crashes it's like an atomic bomb. I lost 2 laptops with vista as well.
    I use XP now, and im completely fine with it...

I would suggest XP for now. Also I agree with gerri on this... ^

Embrace

>Chikorita<
    Years
    I run Vista perfectly, but then again I have a computer that can run Crysis, and was built by the proud dwarves of Middle Earth. Its all about the drivers. Vista has a lot of excess flab and it really slows the thing down. Most of the crashes are caused by Vista not recognising you an Administrator, and therefore you must die!

But Service Pack 1 is coming soon so.... well if you need any Vista questions awnsered just drop me a PM ^_^

jack1993jack

I am sleeping as I write this.
    Years
    I prefer XP, but out of any OS, WINDOWS NT TO THE END!!!! W00T

Here's how I imagine Microsoft came up with Vista's security system:
    Vista or XP?

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
    Well i'm using Vista for almost 1 year now and i feel really good.. But my pc could be a little more powerful.. :D

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    XP for sure.

From everything I've heard, Vista is good and all, but still has lots of bugs, and like mentioned above, a lot of XP programs don't work with it. (Although it's not as bad as most think.)

I'm going to stick with XP for at least another year or two, simply until they get a numerous amount of bugs fixed.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    If you have PC games that you value, then stick with XP. I'm always having problems with my games because I'm with Vista now. >>

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    Well, if you're looking long term, Vista will be the better choice, as eventually, Microsoft will stop supporting XP and will probably attempt to force users to upgrade similarily to what they've done with Office 2007.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Spoiler:

---

That enough of a list?

Last edited:

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
    I didn't ask you to give me a lost of programms working on vista.. i asked for ones that don't... :D

Back