• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista or XP?

Vista or XP

• Vista

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • XP

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
Years
  • Title asks it all. Which is better as of now. Going with all of the Vista versions as well.

Years
  • Both have their ups and downs...my personal pet peeve is that XP's Movie Maker sucks, it always frezzes when you import a lot of files, where as Vista doesnt, you can import all you want, and 9 times out of ten it wont freeze.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I prefer XP. The only thing I like about Vista is its visual. XP SP3 is much better in my opinion, Vista is too heavy (alone, it "eats" 1GB RAM). Nah, I think I'll stick with XP.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Of the two, I'd pick XP over vista any day. Just because I like using my resources to the fullest and have ways of getting aero features in XP. I'll also go with a true compatibility aspect, I have quite a few peripherals that were made when XP was still on SP1 and they don't have Vista drivers. so XP for me.

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
    Years
  • ... Not going with all the XP versions for any reason in particular? It has about as many versions as Vista does.
    That's true, but I'm talking like XP Professional, due to the fact that many people have it, unlike Vista where people have Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, and so on.

I do like the visual style of Vista and I always like something new. My computer runs on 2GB of RAM so I think I could get away with using Vista.

Years
  • Comparing Vista to XP is like 2000 to 98/ME.
    People would constantly complain: "WAAAAH LUK AT ALL MAH RAAM USAAAGGGEE BAWWWWWW"
    Then they got over it when they realized how much more processing capabilities it has than 98.

Zet

Years
  • That's true, but I'm talking like XP Professional, due to the fact that many people have it, unlike Vista where people have Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, and so on.

I do like the visual style of Vista and I always like something new. My computer runs on 2GB of RAM so I think I could get away with using Vista.
    I have XP home edition though and lots of other people do as well and the others just have media center edition :x but in the fight between xp and vista, I pick xp since it's more customizable with themes

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I choose XP. Because I haven't used Vista yet. I also don't know what are the features of Vista. So Windows XP all the way for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Vista. :D

I've been using it since shortly after it was publically released and I just much prefer it. I've only used it on new computers, so I've never had any problems with not meeting the requirements and, on my laptop, I keep aero off anyway so the performance is fine. The only problem I've ever had with Vista was that it was a little tricky to share my internet connection over to my 360 (whereas I did it easily on an old XP laptop) but that's a moot point now anyway since my brother picked up the wireless adapter. :P

I like the extra features Vista brings to the table and it's given me way less problems than XP. (And I've now been using it longer than I ever used XP, too.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I prefer XP.

I have used Home Edition, and I currently use Media Center Edition, which I think is the best.

I think Vista is interesting and new, and I don't totally hate it, but I think it was too much change, too quickly.

~Mooshykris

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I like XP a lot more! Most downloads are not possible with Vista, so I go with XP.

Years
  • XP is definitely my choice, I use XP SP3 and it must be my favourite OS to use that is out so far. I use XP over Vista because the massive lag it has just for visuals whereas XP the are many visual styles and themes that you can use making it look nearly as good but still much faster.
    I have a computer that could run vista but I see it as a waste taking up too much of the computers recources, running a fast XP with nice themes is the best choice for me.
    Vista is a waste as now Windows 7 is due where Microsoft have corrected the mistakes they made with Vista and releasing somthing that is visually as good but has much better performance that the recource hungry Vista.

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
    Years
  • Yea....I guess it all depends on your computer and opinion...I'm the kind of person that likes something new you know? So I just wanna try out Vista for a couple months and if I don't like it and all the problems with it really bug me I'll just switch back to XP....no big loss.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    yeah me too i enjoy trying new software's but i would have to go with XP in my opionion cause im not a big fan of vista

Years
  • XP any day. Although I like the look of Vista I find that it has a few bugs that need to be sorted out. So I think that I will stick to XP and I ain't complaining about the cost of my new PC to. £60 I think it was.

Back