• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista or XP?

Vista or XP

• Vista

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • XP

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I prefer Vista,more than XP, I love the design of the Vista,more than the older XPs design *_*.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Windows XP is fine for past and many current purposes but if you're of the intent of the future then go with Vista. My only qualm with Vista is that Microsoft dislodged it prematurely, and support (IE, sound cards), drivers, and DirectX 10 suffered immensely forthwith (a foolhardy inadequacy I'm hoping with much fervor that Windows 7 and DirectX 11 will fulfill). Vista does have a lot of potential - moreso than XP - but if your purposes on the computer are to do things of rudimentary sorts then there's no reason why XP can't work well enough. I just don't like how Microsoft are phasing it out when XP is still rather loved and used amongst the community.

As for which I prefer? XP, but that's just me.

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
  • Once upon a time I would have said XP all the way, but now I'm too used to having Vista. It has some great qualities, just a little unstable.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I have Vista on a Virtual Box on my Mac, so If Vista dies ( which it has ) I can just load up another .iso :D

Of the two though, XP was alot more stable -.-

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I love Vista, but it's got too many downs. Windows XP supports a lot more than Vista does (take a Wi-Fi USB Connector for example) and I think XP was a lot cooler. Vista's too flashy for me.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I love my XP. *hugs*

My dad and some of my friends use Vista.
    It just feels like a very unfinished product to me.
    And I dunno.. I don't like the way it lays some things out and performs some other things..

I do like Solitaire on Vista better, though, because it lets you know when there's no moves left. XD

Years
  • Well I loved XP when I was able to use it. Now I'm like a nomadic person trying to find ways to use a PC. =P But Vista is too slow (Until SP 1) and XP is a bit faster and simpler than Vista. Frankly, I'd rather wait for Windows 7. XD

Years
  • Well that's why I said i'd wait for Windows 7. XD No offense Vista's more secure than XP but with all of those notifications are annoying. =P But it's mostly the initial hang-ups that made me hold back (But hey SP1 did fix those lag times. =/)

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like Vista alot more. I don't download alot of things, so it's not really a problem to me.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
  • XP. Vista looks very nice, but it's too heavy... I use Vista now, but I used to have XP completely customized to look like Vista - cursors, sounds, Aero interface, pretty much everything visual.

Metallic

Proud Loner
    Years
  • Personally, I prefer XP.
    It seemed like Microsoft wanted so badly to release a new operating system that they just completely skipped over Vista's many faults and issues.
    I think they almost went for a Macintosh-esque OS, as the layout strongly resembles that of Mac computers.
    All in all, I think Vista's got a ways to go before it surpasses its predecessor, XP.
    -Jake-

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • I think Vista is stupid. XP is FAR FAR better. They only emphasized on its looks, but you can take its looks to XP too. I'm currently using Vista.
    Vista requires more RAM than the game asks to make it run perfectly.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I'm not one of these people who mouth off about Vista, and don't want anything to do with it because "XP IS TEH BEST!!!" etc. But I've used both, and I have to say I prefer XP. Vista looks great, but it just doesn't feel great. Maybe because I've used XP for so long, but I don't think I'm going to upgrade any time soon. Of course, both have their advantages and disadvantages. I like how Vista doesn't freeze up as often, and generally looks better and I've found it's more user friendly for the PC n00b- As long as they're not trying to do anything big.

But still, I like XP. Download a couple of new skins and icon packs, and there's really no point in upgrading.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I had Vista since my birthday back in May <_<.

At least games like Half-Life 2 and those Simbin racing games run much better.

Back