• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I'd rather have a completely new region open up after the main game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    IF Kanto does appear I just want it to be in the form of ONE person from there. Like Jasmine in Sunnyshore City. And no more than that.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • we should get something like the orange islands or hoenn as mentioned.plus kanto has gotten boring so something ELSE would be great.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Heck no.

If anything, I'd want to see a new region open up after you beat Isshu, or the return of/brand new Sevii Isles.

Kanto has enough time in the limelight. But......a cameo character, like Red, Blue, Giovanni, or a Team Rocket Grunt wouldn't be so bad.

Years
  • I don't think so. I think that fifth generation will have a completely new roster. I'm tired of those zubats and geodudes.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • That whole visiting other regions issue came up in GSC when you could also visit kanto. Imo johto was too small and they had to include kanto, lol it was a coincidence that they were right next to eachother. Back onto topic it really depends on the home region of the game to determine whether you should have another region to visit. If the home region can stand on its own then theres no reason to include another region. Now for a final game (end of the series) yeah go ahead and include all the regions, but for Isshu, the only "region" addition I see them add is the sevii islands. Haha only because I would like to see the return on them.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • I have sat down and read all six pages of this thread.Now let me form my opinion.

I Dislike the idea of traveling to a new region for Isshu.I would more have GF make an entire new region to go along side Isshu than bring back another region.The Long Run Pokemon fans Like Me,wh've seen Kanto's Debut, are tired of seeing it.Our Nostalgia has worn off after HGSS.Now we just want something fresh.

Johto was just seen,so they can't add it back in.In fact,all the Events for America AND Japan havent been completed yet so they cant do it.People will still be playing HGSS.

Hoenn will be saved for a Remake, like everyone says.Now let me clear this up before I go any further.You claim that Hoenn sucked and the sales were lower.Well the games aren'tcalled Generations for nothing.A New breed of Pokemon fans were introduced in Hoenn, and many people loved it.Some of the Old Nostallgic fans were ticked at the fact that they couldn't travel back to Johto and Kanto again.So GF knew they lost fans.That was a reason why the sales were low.That is also why GF went to Make Fire Red and Leaf Green,another reason would be to see the Kanto people like me grew up with, remade.Because they thought by having a remake, they could bring back their old fans and try to improve sales.To Do this and make sure that their fans could "stick", they went all out on Emerald and Created the Battle Frontier, and more features that weren't in Ruby and Saphire..

Onto Sinnoh, which was the recent genertion, so they cant possibly do that, or rather its unlikely they would.Remember that Kanto and Johto were back to back regions.So its not entirely bad,I mean, thats what fans hoped for in Hoenn, didn't they?And may it also be noted that Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto all share the same landmass,(Sinjoh Ruins?Tohjo Falls?And the Appearance of Cynthia and Jasmine in the respective's Games?)But Now back on track.Sinnoh just stuck to fans and it was a great region, especailly because of the graphics.They stood out more that any of the other regions simply because it was on the DS, and also why it had better sales than RSE, the other being the Backwards feature,I.E> Pal Park.And Then there were three things that were noted between the Makin of Emerald and DPPt.

1.Well, I guess the nostalgic fans saw that we remade Kanto.So why not remake Johto?
    2.It could also show the new fans, what the old ones experienced and why the series is loved so much.
    3.Well,I want to see what two generations of Graphics would look like and see the improvement.

So they began the Production of HGSS, Which satisfied every pokemon fan, old and new.It brought the community of Pokemon together and made us enjoy the series that much more.I remember going to the store and seeing that SoulSilver was sold out everywhere,Walmart,Target,Best Buy,and GameStop.xD

Now ,somewhere along the line I will lose my train of thought, but I'm trying to hold out so let me continue.

Isshu is a Brand New Region ,with everything starting over.I would get bored from beating the E4, then Getting to the Battle Subway(the Gen's Battle Tower I think)so I would need another place to explore.That being said, I wouldn't Mind traveling to another region like the Orange Islands or Orre or a completely new region altogether to not get bored or have"expectations" about the region.

We expected Red, EXPN Card,Clefary's Midnight Ritual,etc in HGSS (all of which happens in Kanto) because its a Remake.I remember as a Kid,I didnt expect to see Red,Blue, or CINNABAR ISLAND BURNT DOWN(biggest shock of my Pokemon life).The final plot twist period in the game if you played RBYG was battling yourself three years later.Now if they just added a region that we've been to, we'd expect to See Slateport City, or Mt.Coronet,or stuff like that.I am tired of them meeting to our expectations.The only thing I expect now is the Hoenn Remake that it deserves because the people who downed Hoenn really made others who wouldve liked it,turned their heads away.Other than that,I want GF to surprise me.

Triple Battles?Expected.I actually thought that would happen in DPPT.Dragon Legendaries?After Rayquaza,it was expected to me.They are the most powerful type after all. THe Only thing that really surprised me so far in Isshu was the version exclusive towns and the "lack? of Gyms"(really not sure what to say about that statement.)even though Gym Leaders are still there.

In summary,I dislike the idea of traveling to a nostalgic Region because their feeling hasn't worn off yet, and Hoenn only deserves a remake at this point in time.I do however support a NEW region to travel to after Isshu has been conquered.I think the Gamers would love to explore more than just train for online battles now.

SN:I saw a few comments about all the regions combined.A few years ago,I thought about that, and thought it would be cool.I actually Named it,Pokemon:The Long Journey.However the peopel who say that having the 8th Gym at lvl 20 are wrong.Game freak just "puts"the level cap of 100 on there.It can be upped to 200-300 if necessary, and they even extend learning moves that way as well, but the reason they don't is because if they wanted backwards compatibility ,the file would be corrupted.Though they don't have to implement the BC in the first place(im rambling to myself right now.).
    and the way to do it would be....well I've already said too much,but if anyone wants to hear the idea,Im up for it. :P

Years
  • It would be awesome if this was an option, but the massiveness of all the regions + improved graphics... idk if a ds chip could handle it, lol

Lil Lee Harvey

Livestream League
    Years
  • I think it'd be better to take one of the regions that were in a cross generation game, say a ranger game, or one of the others and throw that region in there for EXPLORATION.

I don't want more gyms in the new region, that's repetitive. I want things to explore, puzzles to solve, and good characters/cameos. I want a story for the extra part, not another "go beat the crap out of some people for a trinket,"

But then again that's just me. I like story. I play the pokemon games FOR the stories, and for the fun of exploring the new areas/regions. The remakes are fun simply to find what's new, and for nostalgia reasons. It's not that I don't LIKE the now cliche gameplay, it's just that it'd be better if they did something else.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think it'd be better to take one of the regions that were in a cross generation game, say a ranger game, or one of the others and throw that region in there for EXPLORATION.

Now that would be a good idea. Visiting those regions under different circumstances... yeah that'd be fun! I think if the plane is utilised properly, that might actually work, but then again, Game Freak doesn't exactly mix them all together - with SSBM, etc, being the exceptions.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I think it'd be better to take one of the regions that were in a cross generation game, say a ranger game, or one of the others and throw that region in there for EXPLORATION.

I don't want more gyms in the new region, that's repetitive. I want things to explore, puzzles to solve, and good characters/cameos. I want a story for the extra part, not another "go beat the crap out of some people for a trinket,"

But then again that's just me. I like story. I play the pokemon games FOR the stories, and for the fun of exploring the new areas/regions. The remakes are fun simply to find what's new, and for nostalgia reasons. It's not that I don't LIKE the now cliche gameplay, it's just that it'd be better if they did something else.

That's a great idea! It sorta reminds me of the sevii islands, but bigger and better. But what kind of a story would there be? I hope GF does do this, but is creative about it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That's a great idea! It sorta reminds me of the sevii islands, but bigger and better. But what kind of a story would there be? I hope GF does do this, but is creative about it.
    Maybe several members of Team plasma try to reorganize in that region, like Team Rocket in the Sevii islands and what Team Galactic was trying to do :)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

• Maybe several members of Team plasma try to reorganize in that region, like Team Rocket in the Sevii islands and what Team Galactic was trying to do :)

Like a down to earth galactic plan! Plasma makes a new land to set their stolen Pokemon free. And they go around harassing people who already live there, and they rename it the Plasma Region! Or Liberty Region... but whatever it's purpose (if it's real to have a purpose) I'm sure it'll have Team Plasma (tp for short rofl) in it the way the Sevii's had TR in it.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • Visiting other Regions???

Well, the only way to visit other reasons is by boat or plane right?
    well, f ishuu is more advanced than the res tof the pokemon world then they could easily have a plane or boat couldnt they???
    what do you think???

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I think they might let you go to hoenn so they dont have to make it as a standalone game and that would be awsome as hoenn is awsome :):):)

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Probably not, unless it's Orre or something. Watch, Pogeymans from the Pokeshift are going to be from a "Distant Land."

I don't know why people would think after Isshu you'd visit Hoenn, though. Hoenn is in a completely different country for starters, and wouldn't it be silly if you didn't visit Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh while you were there? It's like the only reason to go to Hoenn after Isshu is because it's the only region not remade, which is a pretty floppy reason.

Besides, do we really want a half-assed Hoenn? I want everything to be about Isshu in BW, no pulling punches.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • i like the idea of the islands, but id rathr have sumn like the orange island, like a mini league or sumin, cos the the sevii island was quite quick and easy. the only reason i see the need for islands is 1.to do sumin after the league and 2. so people without the capabilites to use the dream world can get the old pokemon.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • there is no way that entire isshu and hoenn would fit on a ds cart, but even if they squeezed it in, then isshu would be a really tiny region to fit. (maybe it would be more possible if they didnt decide to introduce full 3d graphic)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back