• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aaand merged the two visiting other regions threads.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Personally not a fan of this idea.
    G/S/C - highest level was approx 55? in Johto? and that was the elite 4. I like my games to be a challenge, in HGSS you could easily just capture a Jynx or Piloswine and be done with the Elite 4.

So this is why I dont ever want to see this happen again, it means we get an underlevelled first region, if it included all regions they would have to make B/W terribly underlevelled, and I for one, would hate that.

The Red Chain

But either way, it wouldn't matter to me. I'd personally prefer it if Isshu was just left alone and was it's own region. It'd be a new and fun experience. The Gen III remakes would come and then everyone would be happy to explore Hoenn again. Until then, leave Isshu as Isshu. D:
    Agreed. We got our Johto remake with Kanto already. :c
    I'd rather have one region done well, than two regions done half-well. Just be patient, you Hoenn fans will most likely get your RSE remake. Leaving Isshu as a standalone region seems best to me.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Well, I actually hope there is no second region (though sevii islands thing wouldnt be too bad) but maybe in Gen 6 travel back to ishuu the way you could in G/S/C. I mean, Ishuu is fresh and brand new! Ishuu is the new Kanto.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • Agreed. We got our Johto remake with Kanto already. :c
    I'd rather have one region done well, than two regions done half-well. Just be patient, you Hoenn fans will most likely get your RSE remake. Leaving Isshu as a standalone region seems best to me.
    We'd BETTER get out RSE remake! :3

And I agree. Just Isshu, no other regions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't really like traveling Johto and Kanto together so much; it wasn't a challenge but moreover so a longer journey. I'd like to see Isshu have challenges and not worry about traveling other longer regions unless it begins a storyline with more dispute and effects input in the games.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I honestly think that if we're going to go to any region, it's most likely Hoenn.

With all of these...sudden speculations of a Gen III remake, it wouldn't surprise me of Isshu was somehow connected to Hoenn, but since it's so far away apparently, I don't think it'll really be connected to any region(but then again, there is an airport, so...).

But either way, it wouldn't matter to me. I'd personally prefer it if Isshu was just left alone and was it's own region. It'd be a new and fun experience. The Gen III remakes would come and then everyone would be happy to explore Hoenn again. Until then, leave Isshu as Isshu. D:

One thing with Ishuu being connected to hoenn: Hoenn is an eff-ing island. How could they be connected? And I still really hope it has a nice challenge in ONE region.

Years
  • Don't sell yourself too short on your theory. HGSS added a new route on the side of Johto, so I could easily see a simple airport being attached to a current Hoenn city (preferably Littleroot)

However, even though I would like to be able to visit another region, it probably won't happen.

However, if, I repeat, if they put in another region, the whole "Johto-Kanto" isshu, er, issue could be handeld with already existing mechanics, just mixed together :D

1. One way could be to only be able to take 1 lvl. 5 pokemon to the other region, where then you get to choose the starter, and build the team there as if you had restarted the game :) Then after you get all 8 badges again, you could withdraw your other pokemon. (Really, this seems more likely to work, as the other idea just seems too powerful).

2. They could use the same mechanics as the Battle Tower (lowering all lvl. 50+ pokemon down to lvl. 50) and lower all the pokemon in your team to considerable levels. Though this idea isn't my favorite, as you can all agree, the stats of the pokemon would still be abnormal.

But... I have to say, even though it would be nice, I don't see it happening. They want to give the player a new experience, much like they gave us with the original RBY, in which you use only Isshu pokemon to get by. Plus, it would defeat the purpose of the game, as most people would only play through to get to said region.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Well...

It's just a theory, but I came up with it because of the Gen III remakes that are possibly coming out. And if you saw the map of Isshu, there is an airport, so maybe you would travel to Hoenn that way? Then again, I doubt it at the same time, because there's no airport at Hoenn, really. >>;

I apologize if my theory seems a bit far-fetched, but taking the Gen III remakes into consideration and putting them into the equation, it would make at least the most sense hypothetically to connect it and Isshu, however unlikely it would be.

Sorry if I came off a little too negative, forgot about the airport ;) But I would still like a whole game for hoenn better.

Don't sell yourself too short on your theory. HGSS added a new route on the side of Johto, so I could easily see a simple airport being attached to a current Hoenn city (preferably Littleroot)

However, even though I would like to be able to visit another region, it probably won't happen.

However, if, I repeat, if they put in another region, the whole "Johto-Kanto" isshu, er, issue could be handeld with already existing mechanics, just mixed together :D

1. One way could be to only be able to take 1 lvl. 5 pokemon to the other region, where then you get to choose the starter, and build the team there as if you had restarted the game :) Then after you get all 8 badges again, you could withdraw your other pokemon. (Really, this seems more likely to work, as the other idea just seems too powerful).

2. They could use the same mechanics as the Battle Tower (lowering all lvl. 50+ pokemon down to lvl. 50) and lower all the pokemon in your team to considerable levels. Though this idea isn't my favorite, as you can all agree, the stats of the pokemon would still be abnormal.

But... I have to say, even though it would be nice, I don't see it happening. They want to give the player a new experience, much like they gave us with the original RBY, in which you use only Isshu pokemon to get by. Plus, it would defeat the purpose of the game, as most people would only play through to get to said region.

I brought up the going to a new region without your pokemon and starting with just a new starter and having to wait for your old ones till you beat the champion. though I used that idea for a game where you visit all 4 (now 5) regions.

The Red Chain

I don't see Isshu extending to Hoenn really.. I think if it was going to they would have said something by now since September is only two weeks away. It seems Isshu has a lot going for itself already as it is, I don't see it being necessary to add Hoenn to the mix yet. Didn't they say B&W was a new start as well? That no old Pokemon would be available till the National Dex? HGSS probably had Kanto to stay true to the originals. That's probably what got me assuming that Hoenn won't be in the mix for now. ]: But I can see standalone remakes for it sometime in the future.

Years
  • The emphasis Nintendo has put into making these games completely new, and dis-associated from previous generations, makes me think there wont be any trips to Hoenn, Johto or Kanto in B&W. Maybe in a Remake i hope, but not now. It doesn't make sense to go back to old places after Nintendo has made all this fuss about completely over hauling the Pokemon experience with B&W

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

I don't really doubt that there will be remakes of RSE, but I DO have doubt you'll be able to travel to other regions in Black and White. When they remade RBY as FRLG, they didn't allow you to travel to Kanto in the main series, and the only reason they did it in HGSS was because that was how it was in GSC. Idunno, that's just my take on it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I hope you dont need to travel to any region. It didn't really like that in Jotoh and Kanto, the pokemon were weaker so that your pokemon aren't lv100 by the time you finish both regions.

I prefer more of a challenge, battling stronger gyms and elete four.

I do hope however that there are islands like in FF LG, I think that was an excellent idea in those regions and in my opinion it made the game a lot more interesting.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't really think we would just wander into another region like in HG/SS. But maybe there would be short errands when we can visit a particular city by a ship to get some item or such.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • I'm just thinking, G/S/C/HG/SS take place 3 years after R/B/Y/FR/LG, so things change... maybe this is the same. Enough time could have passed for an airport to be built in Hoenn, you never know...

Still, I think B/W will just be Isshu, and then the Gen3 remakes will expand on that. ^.^

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Still, I think B/W will just be Isshu, and then the Gen3 remakes will expand on that. ^.^

I think it will be just Isshu too, and it would make sense too. Just have the focus on Isshu only and forget about the other regions, then when everyone has experienced the most of Isshu bring in other regions in the remakes or the 3rd game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    I dont think it is impossible to visit other regions... Just wait and see..:D

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Maybe, they could have it that you visit part of a reigion. Like, just a few towns from Hoenn by going by a ferry/plane. It would be a little fun and would be great to reminice on the past. :)

Lil Lee Harvey

Livestream League
    Years
  • I still think it'd be better if they put in one of the side game regions, like Almia or some other one that we can explore under different situations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back