• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Vitamins in 1st generation

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    is there any downside to spamming vitamins on my pokemon? should i only do it at lvl 100 or does it matter? is their a maximum amount of stats they can have and is their a way to tell what it is?
    thx in advance

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    There is no downside, beside the cost of the vitamins. There are no bad side effects, and it doesn't matter what level you give them the vitamins at.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    you can always duplicate your Vitamins for your Pokemon instead of wasting your money. You can use the MissingNo. glitch to help you with that. Also the only way to find out the Maximum is if you give it to your Pokemon and it says something like "it won't have any effect"

:t354:TG

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You can only add 100 EVs to each stat with vitamins, though.

In the 1st and 2nd Gen, you can put 255 EVs into every stat.

So if you use ten of each vitamin and Rare Candy it to Level 100, it won't be as powerful as a a Pokemon who was trained the "Normal" Way.

So don't max out your Level with Daycare or Rare Candies after using your vitamins. With fighting Wild Pokemon and Other trainers, you can max out your Pokemon's stats all the way.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    You can only add 100 EVs to each stat with vitamins, though.

In the 1st and 2nd Gen, you can put 255 EVs into every stat.

So if you use ten of each vitamin and Rare Candy it to Level 100, it won't be as powerful as a a Pokemon who was trained the "Normal" Way.

So don't max out your Level with Daycare or Rare Candies after using your vitamins. With fighting Wild Pokemon and Other trainers, you can max out your Pokemon's stats all the way.

Actually, the first and second gen use Stat experience instead of EVs. They are similar in concept, but there is no cap for stat experience. As such, Vitamins can be used at any point in the pokemon's growth, and there wouldn't be any severe negative repurcussions. I believe there is a point that vitamins can't be taken, but I can't recall what it is off the top of my head. >_>

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    so in generation 1, can I spam vitamins on each stat without it affecting the number of vitamins i can use on the other stats? i've heard that there is a total number of vitamins that can be used regardless of which stat they are used on.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Actually, the first and second gen use Stat experience instead of EVs. They are similar in concept, but there is no cap for stat experience. As such, Vitamins can be used at any point in the pokemon's growth, and there wouldn't be any severe negative repurcussions. I believe there is a point that vitamins can't be taken, but I can't recall what it is off the top of my head. >_>

I knew they weren't called "EVs", but the actual name of them slipped my mind for an instant. But I do know you can give up to 255 of them to each and every stat, unlike EVs where you can only give 255 to two stats only.

Back