• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Vivillon

Years
    Vivillon

In this generation we were introduced to Vivillon, a new Bug/Flying-type butterfly Pokemon but it was more than a standard butterfly Pokemon because it came with a new twist, and that is having different wing patterns based on which real-life region it came from.

Have you collected all the Vivillon patterns? Which pattern do you get in your game and which one is your favourite? Would you ever like to see Pokemon with similar form mechanics in future generations?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    that pic is missing a couple of patterns

My favorite Vivillon patterns are the PokeBall and Tundra ones, but I get Polar, which I'm not terribly fond of. I've never been much if a collector, but for some reason I wanted to get all the Vivillon patterns some time after X/Y came out, and currently have one of each Vivillon pattern.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I would prefer if each patterns are different in typing and/or abilities. That would make the whole thing more fun!

Years
    I did not know this, now I must get one of each! I have the two that were given out, a Pokeball pattern and one that looks like Garden but with white wings. Wonder if I can breedem, hhrrmm

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I'm collecting them myself in AS. I still need the Icy Snow, River, Savanna and Ocean patterns. Also the Pokeball and Fancy ones too, but no-one wants to part with them, understandable though i guess. I just Garden on my game which OF COURSE is the most common pattern. My favorite though is probably the Sun pattern.

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Butterflies aren't my cup of tea so I wasn't really planning on collecting them and I still haven't. My favourite is Monsoon because of the colour coordination. I have a grudge against this unbearable insect because of Viola's damn Infestation.

Years
    Vivillon

This one is what I get on my game, and while it's not the best one out there I do like the colours nonetheless. Other ones I like design-wise are the Monsoon, Icy Snow, Savannah, Meadow, Polar, Sun, Elegant, Ocean, Garden, Marine, Poke Ball and Fancy. I mostly like the patterns on those or the colours, but in the end they're all really cute.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I like how they have unique patterns, something like spinda but there are waaaaaaay more.
    Well anyways, I never really tried to collect them, I'll be playing on my ninetendo
    in a while, so I might update this and add the ones I own.
    The only one I know for sure I have, is the Pokeball one.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I'm still needing Icy Snow, River, Savanna and Ocean. Also the Fancy and Pokeball ones that were given out. But i know that will highly unlikely as theyre rather rare and no-one would give them away lol.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I need majority of them. I was collecting them in my X version but got too lazy.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I love the idea of Vivillon, my favourites are Tundra and Polar. I really hope they explore this sort of idea with more Pokémon designs in the future, because it has really strong potential to make for interesting mechanics (which affect design).

I think I have the majority of the patterns, but I'm still missing one or two which is a shame.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm in a region that has Polar Vivillons, which is really meh imo because it's a pretty boring design. My favorites are the Poké Ball Vivillon and the Ocean Vivillon; I am beyond jealous of Hawaii players because of the Ocean Vivillon tbh.

Years
    By default, I get Modern. It's okay -- it could be better but it could be worse. The red is pretty cool! I'm just boggled about why Kansas is considered "modern".

I did make a new X file recently and made my pattern Icy Snow instead. It's awesome! I can't pick a single favorite but Icy Snow is definitely up there. I want a shiny Icy Snow Vivillon. *___*

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I get High Plains Vivillon in my game, which I actually find to be kinda ugly. I absolutely love Icy Snow Vivillon, though. The Ocean and Sandstorm patterns are pretty cool too.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I'm only 2 away from completing my collection. I managed to get an Icy Snow, Pokeball and Fancy design from one of the trade shops. The Icy Snow was even a shiny. A day later i WT a load of stuff and got 3 Scatterbugs. I evolved them and one turned out to be the Savanna design, was well chuffed. Now just need River and Ocean and i will be done.
    I gotta say though, my favorite design is the Sun pattern.

Years
    I get the polar vivillon, which...I guess that's okay. Not my favorite, but it's not bad either, I don't mind the blue. I wouldn't mind a sun or a meadow one though, those colors look absolutely gorgeous. *_* Especially the sun one, but I've always loved color schemes like that.

I haven't started trying to gather all the different ones, though I feel like I should. Maybe eventually. I think I wanted to get through more of the game first before worrying about things like collecting shinies and colors and whatnot. Priorities and all that. :p

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
    Currently I am on a mission to collect all the different types of Vivillon. They are just way too pretty. <3

The one native to my area is the Modern Vivillon. My favorites however, will have to go to the Sun pattern and the Icy Snow patter. c:

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Have you collected all the Vivillon patterns?
    No.

Which pattern do you get in your game and which one is your favourite?
    I have... Jesus! I checked my Pokémon X and I don't have my Vivillon. If I remember well, I had a Marine Vivillon.

Would you ever like to see Pokemon with similar form mechanics in future generations?
    Yes, this mechanic is really cool.

Back