• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: VM and PM Delay

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
  • It seems I've been encountering some problems with the VM and PM system here on site. Where the VMs/PMs just keep spinning as if the page can't load or will not post.

In this scenario for example, I was apart of the Minecraft event (hosted by Klippy) and his PM to me was received a day after the event had past. Just want to report this issue to staff. =3

Sirfetch’d

I noticed this problem too and it first occurred around the time the slow loading started to happen. I still encounter this sometimes when I go to post a VM directly(doesn't happen when I am doing it from a conversation). If the little circle doesn't stop spinning I just refresh the page and it has already posted anyways though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Protip: It gets posted almost immediately. If it gets stuck loading by the time you actually realize it's stuck the message has already been sent so it's safe to close/refresh. You don't have to wait.

That's all I really have to add other than "Me too!"

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • this is directly related to javascript, the site's ajax and your PC / connection. It happens to all of us from time to time and as far as I know the only current solution is to use the full / advanced reply page. pretty annoying. We're hoping to resolve these kind of issues in the PC remake.

as noted your post went thru so its safe to move on..

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I noticed this problem too and it first occurred around the time the slow loading started to happen. I still encounter this sometimes when I go to post a VM directly(doesn't happen when I am doing it from a conversation). If the little circle doesn't stop spinning I just refresh the page and it has already posted anyways though.

Protip: It gets posted almost immediately. If it gets stuck loading by the time you actually realize it's stuck the message has already been sent so it's safe to close/refresh. You don't have to wait.

this is directly related to javascript, the site's ajax and your PC / connection. It happens to all of us from time to time and as far as I know the only current solution is to use the full / advanced reply page. pretty annoying. We're hoping to resolve these kind of issues in the PC remake.

as noted your post went thru so its safe to move on..

Thanks for your rapid responses everyone. I've noticed it for a long while, but just wanted to say it out loud because I thought I'm not the only one having this issue. Thanks again. =3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Protip: It gets posted almost immediately. If it gets stuck loading by the time you actually realize it's stuck the message has already been sent so it's safe to close/refresh. You don't have to wait.

That's happened to me sometimes whenever I sent a VM, so I was forced to close/refresh if it took too long. I wasn't sure if that was safe in fear of double posts, but now I learn it's actually safe. Thanks for the protip.

Back