• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Voice acting, maybe?

What do you think about voice actung in the 5th Gen?

• Total voters

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • No way. I'm always very uncomfortable playing handheld games with voice acting. They usually aren't made to be very cinematic and voice acting detracts from the actual gameplay.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    nope, it might take up too much space. i would rather have them put effort into gameplay rather than voices (you know there will be a lot of them) before they take up too much space.

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
  • Eep, there are way too many things that could go wrong.
    I mean I'd be so angry is they picked terrible voice actors that didn't suit the characters :/
    But yeah, this wouldn't work anytime soon.

But I would like voice acting if they made a new rpg like colosseum/XD. It would probably go down a treat in games like that but only if they put in a lot of effort.
    I wouldn't want dodgy voice acting that doesn't match their mouths half the time @_@

Also, you want to hear the pokemon anime voices instead of their game cries? Are you insane?!? D':

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • Hmm...you have all made some really good points.

But, seriously, it's time for Nintendo to make some big changes. For a long time they have been just adding stuff, little by little, and some of that stuff doesn't even change the game a little bit. It's time that Nintendo actually does something different, and I think this should be one of those changes. It would be like a whole new era of Pokemon.

I'd like to point out, when they started changing a bunch of stuff for the third generation, it wasn't well received. I think they are being cautious with the ways they do things now. I have to respect that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Change their cries? I hope you're asking for a simple "cleanup", not a radical change. More than 10 years after the Generation I and II Pokémon games were released, the Pokémon cries from the earlier generations have long since been able to define the Pokémon themselves.

Hypothetically, let's suppose that when Nintendo made the first Mario game, they didn't have enough memory for a long name for their player character, so they stuck with the short name "Mario". Asking for changing the Pokémon cries just because they were generated with older technology (I'm not necessarily saying that's your reason, but many other people cite that reason for wanting the cries to be changed) is like asking Nintendo to make Mario's name longer just because they now have the memory to do so.
    No it's the fact that most of them share the same cry like Mew with Parasite I think it was...I want them to be unique :D

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • Ehhh. Nah.
    I like it classic and plus I think I would cringe hearing my voice. xD It would take me forever to be satisfied with a recording.
    Plus, not all people pronounce the names correctly. xD

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    I'd like to point out, when they started changing a bunch of stuff for the third generation, it wasn't well received. I think they are being cautious with the ways they do things now. I have to respect that.

Oh, yes, you are right. Nintendo probably is trying to deliver something big right now, but little by little, game by game.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • Eww, no, can you picture the voice of a Hiker or A Pokenerd or a Poke Maniac? Pedophiles...

Anyway, xD, It probably won't be the best idea to completely change all the cries of the current pokemon and make new ones that say their names like in the anime. I mean, it would take up alot more space, and they probably would only get crappy VAs. Maybe only on important cut-scenes, like in Platinum when Cyrus finally summons Giratina and stuff, maybe have some good voice acting for Cyrus and the other people who talk then. Same with When Lugia/Ho-oh make their entance in HG/SS. Or maybe just when someone says like, "No!" or grunt at something.

Overall, I don't think it would be the best way to make a Pokemon game better.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Yeah... I think that Voice Acting would be nice, and that DS microphone idea is good...
    I can't wait for B&W releases!!!!!

~MKSSB

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    This isn't Nintendogs; if you think there will be some voice recognition engine, expect that they won't recognise 99% of the things you say. Voice commands in computers aren't even accurate enough yet, nor will you be "training" a Gym Leader to understand what you say.

If anything, they'd understand the basic "yes" or "no" more.
    Not to argue with a mod/admin, but I didn't mean actually answering to characters. I meant trainer's saying: GO, INSERT POKEMON NAME HERE! or GET BACK! INSERT POKEMON NAME HERE! And in the beginning of the game, record basic words like: Yes, No, Maybe, I challenge you, I accept your challenge, I lost, I won, and after you catch/nickname a Pokemon: For example: Ditto, You could record: Go, Ditto! only after you catch it and if you nickname it, replace its name with nickname to make it more convenient.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    They would need the voice actors from the anime do their part before releasing the games. :/ If they at least do that for Pikachu, I'll be fine :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    It's not a bad idea. It just wouldnt work out on the DS/other handheld game (and I wouldnt want it to. Itd get annoying). I really can see it being implemented on Console Games though.

Back