• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip or Slot Machines?

I prefer

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 65 50.8%
  • Slot Machines

Votes: 63 49.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • I miss how easy the old slots were able to be exploited, I just worked on a rhythm and won nearly every time, mostly small with big ones thrown in occasionally.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Voltorb Flip, it's a lot more fun, but still not good enough. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY COINS AGAIN!!! I'm no good with luck ever since i spent a friday the 13th dancing on cracks in the pavement.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Voltorb Flip brings back Minesweeper memories. I used to play it all the time when I was younger, but I'm still kinda bad at it.
    Honestly I'm bad at both, which sucks because there are tons of things I'd love to get but can't because I have no idea what I'm doing. :D

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I'm not a big fan of Voltorb Flip. I wasn't a huge fan of the slots (I'd only play very occasionally), but I prefer them much more. What I really, really miss is the ability to buy coins. ._.

Years
  • What's all this talk of "doing math"? It's fairly basic addition that never exceeds 15 (theoretically), the main game covers way more "math" than that even if you don't realise it.

And sure, let's just blame Europe as a nation and everyone is encompasses, it's the fault of everyone who lives in Europe and not laws or anything.

I hated the slots, I like games that actually require skill and aren't 100% luck, as much luck as Voltorb Flip relies on luck at least its not all luck, there's some degree of skill there and at least my fate is at least partially at my own hand and not down to the gods of fate. And besides, anything is better than the crap we had to put up with in Platinum.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Voltorb flip actually gives me a winning chance.

Slot machines. I hate Voltorb flip. Pokemon is about fun, not doing math just to earn coins for the prizes you want.
    Although slot machines weren't that fun, at least you didn't have to think.

But math is fun 8D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I think the voltorb game is pretty nifty. I never played the slots much as they were a bit boring and going on too long especially with the pixi business. The voltorb slots actually remind me a bit of the roulette like table that was in gsc ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Voltorb Flip is really fun and addictive,
    and with slots, the thought of little kids gambling in the Game Corner is just >.>

But the slots were easier for me to win in, in D/P/Pt

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    The Voltorb game is so easy to win,
    I mean, the slot machines are just chance,
    Voltorb game is just maths, and a bit of chance =3

Years
  • I chose slot machines but not for the reason that they are a better game, for the reason that I do not have time to sit down and play voltorb flip for hours every time I want to get a tm. 10,000 coins just for ice beam that I'm going to need now to beat Lance and then possibly again when I ev train a decent team. I wish they still let you buy coins somehow...

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • there's skill in voltorb flip so i'll go with that(even though i accidentally voted slot machines on the poll)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Logically thinking VS pressing A over and over again.

My 18,000 coins say Voltorb Flip is x10000 better than the slots.

Years
  • Slot machines. Just because I used to buy the coins and get my prizes. When now I have to sit down and play a stupid game which takes ages to get coins. Also, in the Japanese version, why is their slot machines? And not in the english version? It's so unfair.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Argh! I can't take voltorb flip! I am lucky to win 4 coins out of it before I flip a voltorb card and lose all my winnings.... i miss the old slot machines... I could at least win something with them... now how do I get Substitute?

Back