• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip: What level have you achieved?

How far?

• Level 1

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Level 2

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • Level 3

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Level 4

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Level 5

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Level 6

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Level 7

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Level 8

Votes: 20 16.5%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Might leave this open as a coin game discussion (and I know there's a program somewhere which suggests which square you should pick and all? might need to google for it, I never used it myself).
    Can I turn coins into PokeCash (whatever it's called) where do I spend the coins earned in that game?
    Can't exchange coins for money unfortunately. But talk to the other men in the Game Corner room (and there's another exchange place in Kanto in Celedon City) - you can get TMs (including Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower!) or Pokemon for the coins you get.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
  • I've literally stayed up until 4 in the morning played the Voltorb Flip game.

For once, a coin game in Pokemon that isn't totally pointless.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Actuslly on second thoughts this thread already exists for discussion on the Game Corner game so merged the two threads together, no need for two very similar threads.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    i'm really into logic puzzles and found the coin game to be a fun one as it still has an element of luck.

i googled for an online tool to help me work out the logic faster but couldn't find one good enough and just built my own.

i got lots of coins while testing it out and it seems to work really well but i wanted to find more people with a few minutes willing to try it out and see if it makes sense and works for them also.

i guess i just need to progress further on in the game now since i've yet to reach Kanto.

thanks

is there really a level 8? i've done 7 a few times in a row

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    edit: ok i hit level 8 last night...
    once you get there it seems to stay on that level
    i beat it 3 times in a row very cool!

the web page i built below actually seems to be more helpful (work better) on higher levels with more 2s and 3s on the board

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    So has anyone tried to beat the voltorb flip game using the online tool i made yet?

i'm curious of a couple things...
    • is it ever wrong / are there still bugs?
    • does it make sense how to use it or is it too complex?

if you have a minute to play the voltorb flip game go ahead and click the link below in my sig and set up the board to match what you see in the game then hit [Solve] to see how many possible solutions there are along with how often each cell could be a bomb

to get an idea of how it works you can just set all the rows and columns to 1-4 (1 coin and 4 bombs) after you hit solve and it finds the possible solutions hover the mouse over the colored bars at the top of each cell to see % chance and then click on the bars to lock in that value instantly eliminating solutions until eventually there is only 1 possible solution left... there is still an element of luck but so far i've used the tool to beat level 8 multiple times... good luck!

firefox or chrome will find the solutions much faster than internet explorer but it should work in any browser (i even found some solutions on my iPhone but it was painfully slow)

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • So has anyone tried to beat the voltorb flip game using the online tool i made yet?

i'm curious of a couple things...
    • is it ever wrong / are there still bugs?
    • does it make sense how to use it or is it too complex?

if you have a minute to play the voltorb flip game go ahead and click the link below in my sig and set up the board to match what you see in the game then hit [Solve] to see how many possible solutions there are along with how often each cell could be a bomb

to get an idea of how it works you can just set all the rows and columns to 1-4 (1 coin and 4 bombs) after you hit solve and it finds the possible solutions hover the mouse over the colored bars at the top of each cell to see % chance and then click on the bars to lock in that value instantly eliminating solutions until eventually there is only 1 possible solution left... there is still an element of luck but so far i've used the tool to beat level 8 multiple times... good luck!

firefox or chrome will find the solutions much faster than internet explorer but it should work in any browser (i even found some solutions on my iPhone but it was painfully slow)
    failed me level one

I did level one myself, level two myself, level 3-5, then i gave it another try at lv. 6, and it worked

Better for later than earlier

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    failed me level one

I did level one myself, level two myself, level 3-5, then i gave it another try at lv. 6, and it worked

Better for later than earlier

thanks for trying it out - i usually do the first few levels myself as well since it is usually faster than entering in the numbers into the solver.

i'm glad it worked on the higher level for you.

any given game board has tons of possible solutions so instead of just waiting around for all the possible solutions to be found the board continually updates with the ones it found so far just to give an idea of which squares might be safer than others

until the solutions have all been found (the box in the lower right turns green) there may still be a bomb in a square that looks safe so far.

also, every game still has an element of luck as you are basically just playing the odds.

for example, if 1 solution has a bomb in the corner and 99 have something else then you should probably click the corner though it could still be a bomb. on the flip side, if 1 solution has a two in the corner and 99 have something else and you happen to uncover a two in your game then locking in the two will reveal what the rest of the board has to look like.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Just trying out the programm as well. It's true that it works better at higher levels but it can help at lower ones, too (since I suck at this game when I do it myself). I am on level 5 now, thanks to the programm. Solved the first two more or less by myself (I got very lucky ) and used the programm since lvl 3.
    I got one game with only one solution (which was odd) and one with mindblowing 2754 solutions (I broke up this one after I found a few coins).
    I like how it updates when one clicks what he has uncovered. Easy to use, too.
    Finally I'm able to collect a decent amount of coins.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I like how it updates when one clicks what he has uncovered. Easy to use, too.
    Finally I'm able to collect a decent amount of coins.

thanks for the feedback EagleVision - hope you make it to level 8

(i once got over 2800 coins in one game on level 8)

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I played for like 4 hours one day
    got to level 3
    I said, "That's enough of that crap."

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    I love the voltorb flip ... though only making level six, the game is my type of brain training :)

So has anyone tried to beat the voltorb flip game using the online tool i made yet?

So jealous, i was planning to make one myself ( though in Adobe Flash ). I'm genuinely impressed man, though haven't tried it, but have bookmarked it for later.

Back