• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Vote to Befriend a Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I didn't see a thread for this on here yet, sorry if I missed it. For those who haven't heard, there is currently a poll on Pokemon.com where you can vote for a Pokemon to be given away in the Dream World.

The reason I felt I had to bring this up here is because the results thus far have shown that the #1 Pokemon voted for so far is.... Arceus. ...yeah.

I don't think Arceus should be allowed to win this one. For two prime reasons. FIRST, Arceus was already the winner of a similar poll in Japan's DW. SECOND and more importantly, ARCEUS DOES NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THE DREAM WORLD!!! No special ability, no DW exclusive moves, NOTHING. Heck, it doesn't even get the Sinnoh dragon trio's exclusive moves. It's just a plain old Arceus.

Now, I understand why Arceus would be so popular. After all, it is the legendary of legendaries, and some people may have missed the Gamestop giveaways (or never bothered to look online for other people who have it). But to vote to see it in the Dream World is a tremendous waste! Think of all the unreleased DW Pokemon that actually get some nice abilities, such as Shroomish or Ho-oh.

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST, thankfully. It just so happens that DITTO is in the number two spot! Ditto gets an incredible Dream World ability which actually makes it one of the most useful battlers out there.

There is a thread on Smogon dedicated to this purpose, so now I'm spreading the word to PokeCommunity. I urge anyone who hasn't voted yet, GO VOTE FOR DITTO! There are plenty of other ways to obtain an Arceus, but DW Ditto needs some love!

Go check it out! Only takes a minute:
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_pokemon_vote-2011-11-01/

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • cannot belive theyre voting top find in the dream world a stupid horse/llama with a wheel stuck to it
    arceus is so popular that i dont like it anymore
    i might get a pokemon with a useful ability

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Why are they voting for Arceus? There is much cooler Pokemon out there. Even that Bulbasaur is cooler. I'm going to vote for Ditto.

Years
  • Also there's the fact that people wouldn't be able to DO anything with the arceus, as far as we know- B/W has no arc-induced events, only gen four does (and isn't it generally banned from tournaments?)
    I mean, my gods, they're just legendaries.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites"- or in this case, PICK their favourites. I'd honestly like to know what would result if people only picked the pokemon that they honestly liked.

I personally picked sneasel.
    Because pickpocket.
    And sneasel and manyula are awesome.

Last edited:

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Actually, there IS a way to uh, cast multiple votes... :D

If anyone is interested to know how, PM me (Smogon doesn't look too favorably upon discussing it, so I don't know whether PokeCommunity would either)

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I am hoping Ditto/Lugia/Ho-Oh wins. I hate how people are too lazy to go to some random trade forum and just ask for an Arceus. There are people on Serebii voting for event pokemon just so they can have their name as it's OT -_-

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd like to see Arceus distributed but I wont vote considering it's first.

I would vote for my favourite Pokémon but there's no point considering it's not even in the top 10 so... Ditto it is!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back