• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - January 2009

Hack of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is it at all possible to lock a thread but keep its poll open for voting? I'm not very familiar with the vBulletin system but if it was possible, perhaps people (kid1213, EBAiscool, пзо) would actually VOTE IN THE POLL</subtlety>
I don't think its possible, I may be wrong. Its important for the community to have a place to have discussion so even if it were possible I wouldn't do it. Besides if people aren't taking the time to read the thread then its pretty hard to imagine they'd put a lot of time into their decision on who to vote for. Overall I think it works out quite nicely.

EDIT: I'll reply to your other suggestion a bit later.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I don't think its possible, I may be wrong. Its important for the community to have a place to have discussion so even if it were possible I wouldn't do it. Besides if people aren't taking the time to read the thread then its pretty hard to imagine they'd put a lot of time into their decision on who to vote for. Overall I think it works out quite nicely.

EDIT: I'll reply to your other suggestion a bit later.
Right, a discussion area would be nice. However, most of the posts in this thread have been people simply stating who they are voting for and why, quite unnecessarily. I haven't seen much discussion yet; more on the system of the HotM, not the hacks themselves. However, I'm not even sure that this is possible. Still, you bring up an excellent point about the types of people who aren't voting in the poll. If they choose not the read the first post, their votes shouldn't be counted in the first place.

Oh and take your time with the other idea. It's not something that can be implemented instantly; it'll take quite some time to work things out (if you decide to even use it).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hmmm...Interesting. I like colcolstyle's idea because then my hack is up next month but it's sorta confusing. The one they have right now is clean and very efficient... Hmm...

I just think we should have more than three hacks to vote for. Seeing as it's pretty popular (68 votes in one week), it wouldn't really sparcify the votes that badly. Maybe 5 hacks? I dunno. :\

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Congratulations destinedjagold!

Voting for HotM February will begin on the February 10th.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back