• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[VOTING] Round 1: brane vs. moments.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • Round 1 of the graphics tournament happening. This battle is between brane and moments.!
    This battle had the following restrictions.

Stock: Must be rendered with background not being made up of a single photograph stock.
    Size: No restrictions.
    Colour: No restrictions.
    Text: Bold, sans-serif, either all caps, or no caps.

TAG 1.

vs.

TAG 2.

If you wish to vote, please leave a comment stating who you are voting for, and at least one reason why you are voting for them over the other. As there is no poll, votes will only count if you leave a comment. The comments don't need to be really long, having to post should not deter you from voting, it can be a simple sentence if you want. Good luck!

Voting will last for one week after the opening of this thread.

(N.B: The usernames are detached from the images to remove bias or anything.)

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I vote for Tag 2. I don't really know much about graphics, so I can only go on my taste and what I think looks better; and as a tag I would be more likely to use #2. Also, it looks way more badass :P

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
    Years
  • I'm probably just showing my ignorance here, but... the restrictions say sans-serif and Tag 1's text looks to me rather too much like serif. Nevertheless, I'm picking Tag 1 over Tag 2 for its pure originality. :P It's about as far as you can get from my own style, and for that reason, I love it.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Tag 1 is somewhat different from the kind of tag I'm used to seeing around these parts and tag 2 is something I could go into most galleries here and see.
    Having said that, Tag 2 works! which is why you will see so many tags similar to it, and although tag 1 has that original edge, it lacks any type of direction and just looks plain messy.

Tag 2 has my vote!

Also, I did type out a better post but my crappy laptop crashed and I'm too lazy to type it all out again! :B

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Voting tag 2, I like the sort of classy effect of tag 1 but it's kind of blotchy/unclean (I really don't have much knowledge on graphics but anyway). I would have liked it better if it had more warm colours like orange/yellow instead of the blue.

Anyways so voting for 2 because I like clean and it appeals to me more.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Agreed with Barrels, I'm no font expert but that definitely looks like serif. D;

That being said I'm still voting for Tag 1 because I just....idk I'm not good at graphics I just like it more. I feel like the text for the second one is just kind of slapped on as an afterthought and not actually blended into the tag, while the first one the text seems like an actual part of it and not out of place.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just as a note regarding tag 1, it didn't have to be all of the text limitations, but at least one. So yeah, being serif shouldn't sway your votes.
    Keep on voting! :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Tag 2, it's more appealing than Tag 1 which looks kind of.. well messy plus the colours work well on the second one.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    tag 2, one had weak execution and really lacked anything to impress me. Tag 2 wasn't that good either, and the colors were poor, but it was still a stronger tag than the first one. Honestly, expected better from both people tbh

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Going for Tag 2, the effects and quality's good, though I've seen much better from the artist. Tag 1's monotone, washed and the quality's not great. :(

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Voting is over, and the winner was moments.!

7-2

Thanks to everyone who voted, hope you'll all make another appearance in the next week or so for the second round of voting!

Back