• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - September 2015

Hack of the Month

• [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=353732]Pokémon Dark Crystal[/URL]

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352651]Pokémon: DarkBlue Reborn[/URL]

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289561]Pokemon Giratina's Legend[/URL]

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hack of the Month Voting - September 2015

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible hacks

• Pokémon Dark Crystal by Sky High
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015
    • Pokémon: DarkBlue Reborn by Jaizu
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015
    • Pokemon Giratina's Legend by ~Andrea
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015
      Voting - September 2015

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
    • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Dark Twilight imo. An interesting story, pleasant mapping and some nice features such as quests integrated quite well.

DarkBlue Reborn is a close second, but since I can't judge the scripting too much its a little tough. Some of the mapping is a little too psuedo natural.

Giratina's Legend has a similar style that I'm not too fond of.

All three look promising though!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Voting Dark Twilight pretty much by default. I don't usually vote for games before their first release, but the other two games are "meh" at best and DT looks promising.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think Dark Twilight being an English hack is a huge advantage on this forum, however it is still deserving of Hack of the Month with the screenshots so far. I've been following GL a long time, looks really good, probably the coolest looking Ruby hack I've seen so far. Haven't seen much of DarkBlue Reborn, but that log-cabin house looks great!

80C

"This is a text filler!"
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I Voted GL: it has amazing Advanced ASM features and at the same time it has good graphics.

Reactions: Nex

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Damn, this is actually pretty hard, I don't know which one to choose.. They're all pretty damn good

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Damn I missed out on voting. For the record, I was going to vote for Dark Crystal - maps look amazing, that Mission screenshot has peaked my interest and also who doesn't want to have the queen of bloody bees available in a rom hack.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • It's always really easy to tell who will win based on screenshots, lol. Everyone seems to judge by those, and with the winner lacking any release, how could you not? After all, it's all about dem grafickssss!!!!!11

Everyone likes a pretty picture.

Anyway, I have to agree with whoever first replied in that the pseudo-natural style of the blocks isn't really appealing. Besides Dark Twilight having the best screenshots, I really thought that its quest system would be interesting... though all I saw was the little note card thing that was printed on the screen. Seems cool.

I'd really like to play these hacks before giving them a real judgment, though. So don't take too much of what I said as "final."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back