• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Vs Seeker/Unlimited Self Switches broken in V17.2

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    After updating to v17.2 the unlimited self switches script no long functions (either it needs different locations or what it uses doesnt work anymore) and causes inifnite battles.
    the event ingame (it worked fine in v16.2) i decided to make this instead of asking on either of the original posts to avoid necro-ing and less likely to get a reply.

SG6gDpV.png

also the self switch and vs seeker script for reference.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

basically it thinks 'yea i can trigger this' when self switches should stop that with the comment.

Years
  • "pbSetSelfSwitch(24,"vsseeker", false)"

That number points at the ID of the event, which in your example is 19 not 24

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    "pbSetSelfSwitch(24,"vsseeker", false)"

That number points at the ID of the event, which in your example is 19 not 24

oh i missed that, but thats toggling it off not checking if its on right? unless fixing that will make it work(?)

edit: fixed that issue but still occurs so.

Years
  • The comment with vsseeker also has to be the first thing in your event. Your event is just looking for the a self switch without that line being first

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The comment with vsseeker also has to be the first thing in your event. Your event is just looking for the a self switch without that line being first

Yea that would make sense. still same error after testing however. as in no visible difference yet.

Back