• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wailord

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    Wailord holding: (Leftovers)
    Moves:

Ice Beam (TM 13)
    Surf (HM 3)
    Water Spout (Level 44)
    Amnisia (Level 52)

Amnesia will be there to keep you on your defensive. While Leftovers helps heal the wound you have taken when using this move for the first time instead of attacking, your Sp. Def will be insanely high. His high HP and Leftovers will benefit from Amnesia. This will also save you from Lightning and Grass type attacks that may come your way.

Water Spout is there for a quick kill. With an amazing 150 power, and recieving an STAB, this move will do immense amounts of damage. The higher your HP is, the more damage this move will do. The Leftovers is there to keep your HP healthy, so you can do as much damage as humanly possible.

Surf is a no brainer. This is a decent move that will recieve an STAB, and plus it always hits, so you won't have to worry about missing, unless your opponent is a Double Teamer, which in this situation you would want Mist on your side.

Ice Beam has nice power, but won't be recieving an STAB this time. Sorry! But it does help you out of some difficult situations, such as Dragon attacks.... pesky Dragons

or

Wailord (Cesto Berry)

Rest (Level 37)
    *Water Spout (Level 44)
    *Ice Beam (TM 13)
    *Surf (HM 3)

Well.... Rest! Rest would save your hide in a critical situation. Sure, there is those nasty turns you have to stay asleep, but there is a solution to this problem.... Chesto Berry! With this being held, there will be no need to wait for Wailord to wait a few turns to wake. Chesto Berry will automaticly wake him in an instant, restoring all of your lost HP, and trust me.... with Wailord... that's a lot!

If you were wondering, no.... I do not know how a Wailord fits in a Pokeball, but I know one thing for sure.... he is very underrated. So remember my friends.... a pokemons looks and sizes aren't what matters.

*These were explained!

-------------
    How fun. Enjoyz!

*all of my strategy articles were done by ME*

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    first of all... a big flaw in these 2 moveset is Water Spout. Yes it does do tremendous damage and power is overwhelming, but attack power will decrease depending on how much hp you have (lesser hp = lower power). Wailord has LOW defense and speed. So you're destined to be hit by the opponent first, and therefore Water Spout will never be used at its full potential. Surf has more PP, so stick with the classical surf

Wow... 500+ hp... but it goes away easily due to low defense. So let's not waste the massive amount of HP... put on rest to be a real annoyance to Night Shaders and Seismic Tossers. Plus this way you can't be screwed by those toxic users too.

Wailord is a difficult Pokemon to use. Good movepool but not that many of them seems to have its stats supporting it. It'll be difficult to find a powerful moveset for this critter.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    126 defense both ways w/o Evs, and a whooping 156 speed. Not the greatest way to start a battle. Learning Sleep talk CAN help with Amnesia, but the defense won't cover it too well. Taking 200 damage per turn on a 500 HP is just the same as taking 100 per turn on a 300 HP, perhaps even worse.

Amnesia is for tankage, but it can't learn defense-up moves cept for Curse. Curse/Amnesia takes too long to set up, and its attack isn't spectacular enough to use it that well as an effective tank.

So essentially, Water spout IS a bad idea, and going all out with it is just as bad an idea. You might as well get milotic for the job.

Back