• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait. Do you have protection?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    A little bit of 0089's common sense and little bit of a pre-installed firewall. With my old computer, I had McAfee, AVG and ZoneAlarm... but it just became too cumbersome to have all of them on at once. They'd be updating every day and I know it was good for the computer, but it just slowed everything down.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm using Avira Antivirus, my friend installed this for me, so I don't know the exact reason. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2016
    I've got a few: Norton, AVG, Ad-Aware, Avast, and of course Malwarebytes. I find myself decently secure, and if I ever get a virus, usually one of those can take care of it.

Zet

Years
    I've got a few: Norton, AVG, Ad-Aware, Avast, and of course Malwarebytes. I find myself decently secure, and if I ever get a virus, usually one of those can take care of it.

That is really unnecessary and really not recommended. I suggest uninstalling AVG and Avast. Keeping Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes for malware and spyware is good enough and Norton should handle everything else just fine.

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Holy **** people. One antivirus is enough. I have avast!, Malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I use nothing, well, McAfee is connected to the Internet somehow although it's expired, idc though, since I don't usually go on sites that'd obv cause viruses and I rarely download things anyway. :x /totally safe

PLUS I don't need anymore lag than I have at times, lol. Sooo yeah.

Zameric

The One and Only
    Years
    I'm a bit surprised that I didn't see even one person mention ZoneAlarm.
    I think it's a very nice Anti-Virus+Firewall software bundle.
    Plus I've never had any really problems with the software, and it keeps my computer pretty safe.
    I have a year subscription that I only paid $15 for. :P

I read in a few reviews a little while ago, that ZoneAlarm has one of the best rated free firewalls.
    For my computers that I don't have a paid subscription for, I just use ZoneAlarm's free firewall and MSE.

Zet

Years
    I'm a bit surprised that I didn't see even one person mention ZoneAlarm.
    I think it's a very nice Anti-Virus+Firewall software bundle.
    Plus I've never had any really problems with the software, and it keeps my computer pretty safe.
    I have a year subscription that I only paid $15 for. :P

I read in a few reviews a little while ago, that ZoneAlarm has one of the best rated free firewalls.
    For my computers that I don't have a paid subscription for, I just use ZoneAlarm's free firewall and MSE.

It used to be the best a few years ago.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I use Avast! and also have malwarebyte's antimalware program on hand as well, which I found to be very useful in one instance. Don't normally have virus trouble though.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't use antivirus software... I run Linux, which is its own antivirus! ^^

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Who needs a anti-virus anyway? Just surf properly, you see an advertisement, don't click on it. You see a "Click on here to win an iPad!", close it immediately. Its all about not giving in to temptations and eye-catching advertisements.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    On my Mac, I have Sophos AV running for any Windows threats I might download (and any Mac threats not covered by the built-in protection system). On Windows, I use MSE and Common Sense most of the time.

And for Linux... no one cares about Linux.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Microsoft Security Essentials

It's legally free for all running Genuine Windows Operating System. And it's also awarded ;)

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    on my windows 7 os i run mcafee. not the best, and i still prefer avg or avast!

on my ubuntu linux os, i don't have an anti-virus program. not sure if any support ubuntu, and i think i'm fine without one. i haven't got a virus since i started using it.

Zet

Years
    Using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 trial. I was using the bitdefender internet security 2012 trial but it slows your computer down to the speed of a one legged turtle and makes browsing the internet impossible.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I have AVG Internet Security 2011 or 2012 but it doesn't alarm anymore. I'm lucky or my anti-virus is dead. :D It was good until problems occured. It didn't update it's database anymore. So I have to get new anti-virus program.

Back