• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Wait, I don't get it....

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Didn't they just use RSE engine to make FR and LG? If so I'm pretty sure they were just too lazy to take off RSE sprites or they didn't have the time to do so.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Didn't they just use RSE engine to make FR and LG? If so I'm pretty sure they were just too lazy to take off RSE sprites or they didn't have the time to do so.

You're right, the R/S sprites (and Key Items) are there because of the R/S engine. Just as Emerald was made from FR/LG engine, so all the place names and Key Items from them are in Emerald.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Didn't they just use RSE engine to make FR and LG? If so I'm pretty sure they were just too lazy to take off RSE sprites or they didn't have the time to do so.

Then why did Gamefreak take away the cool features R/S had? I would have liked to have a Pokemon contest in Fr/Lg or maybe a berry growing thing. Why did Gamefreak take that out?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I had also read that thread.It's possible, but I don't get why they would scrap it again. If they had previously scrapped it before.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Then why did Gamefreak take away the cool features R/S had? I would have liked to have a Pokemon contest in Fr/Lg or maybe a berry growing thing. Why did Gamefreak take that out?

They wanted them to be true to the originals. So no Contests or diving or anything.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well remember Oak is Ash's Grandpa and he taught Ash how to get started on his journey so that would be Oak when he used to battle but now that Ash is on his Journey Oak has retired from battling. I think they might have forgotten about the sprite or meant to change it at some point but did not have time to do that before the games were release. That is what I can come up with anyway.:)

Your named after Satoshi and you cant even get a single part of this right?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • They wanted them to be true to the originals. So no Contests or diving or anything.

I guess so, but Hg/Ss probably isn't the same with G/S/C. Did Gamefreak decide to add new features after Fr/Lg was made, so they didn't do it, but saved it for Hg/Ss?

Back