• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait, that was just a subplot?!

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
  • Games that center around plotlines and stories tend to be more than simple straightforward stories of getting from point A to point B. While there is usually an overlying plot that makes up most of the main story of the game, there are often minor substories that are also given noticeable focus, be it a brief thing or very nearly another main story in itself.

In games you've played, what subplots have stuck out to you as much as, or perhaps even moreso, than the main story the game is trying to convey?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Dragon Quest basically fits this to a T. The main story is pretty dull, but the series is filled with lots of surprisingly emotional moments that make the journey well worth it. Dragon Quest V did this especially well, but saying anything specific about it will just spoil the experience for new players.

Years
  • Tales of Symphonia easily wins this in my mind. The game has so many subplots it isn't even funny... Well, it is and it is amazing, as I never got bored when playing the game.​

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    One of the best subplots that I've ever witnessed was Dominic's love for Maria in the Gears of War games. Also, Dragon age Origins is notorious for its different subplots as well. I hope I answered the question correctly.

Back