• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait, that's a different game...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Ever play one game and start thinking you're playing another? You start trying to use the controls from another game you've been playing and then as you realize they're not doing what you remember them doing, you think "...oh...wrong game"? Probably very prevalent when you've been playing more than one game a lot recently, lol.

When I went from KH2 to Ocarina of Time, I kept thinking A was my weapon, which is dumb considering that the controllers for PS2 and GCN are completely different. And vice versa happened when I'd go back to KH2 from OoT. I thought square was the keyblade. Dumb. And I kept pressing the triangle when playing Tales of the Abyss and I was like "um no syd this isn't kh2 there are no reaction commands stop that."

Years
  • This I have done before.

When playing different FPS'ers, I sometimes forget which button is the right one! XD
    I have to sit there and just think, "uhhhh, hold on, which is which again!?"​

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Every X player has pressed J at some point to speed up a game that isn't X.
    In X-BTF/T/2/3/3TC, there's a device called a SETA that shortens long trips, essentially a time compression feature common to simulators. J is the default key to activate it, I think I pressed that once instead of shift to sprint in Call of Duty 4. So we all spawn at the start of the round, my team-mates run off, and I'm stuck there for a few seconds thinking my J key must be broken...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Switching from my ps3 to my xbox I am forever doing it. I am normally playing exactly the same game. But as I mainly play on ps3 It is annoying that the xbox doesn't let me swap the buttons as the ps3 lets you have the buttons set up exactly the same as the xbox buttons. Don't see why it can't the other way round.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'm used to playing MK Wii, right? So when I play MKDS, I end up either turning my DS around while driving as if I had a Wii Wheel or flicking the DS as if I was doing a trick. Once, my sister and I did that latter simultaneously and we were just like "lol".

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Rotating between Street Fighter, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter, this happened a lot to me for a while. lol

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I was playing Kingdom Hearts, and I got used to circle button being jump, and then I continued playing Majora's Mask. I was like, "Link, jump... JUMP. I SAID-- oh wait, I can't." I almost broke my controller cause I thought it was messed up xD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • The controls for Disgaea DS. I kept confusing them for Devil Survivor's one. Although they're the same, the mechanics are different and I end up ending my turn before attacking, and losing.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • The only times I remember doing this is..
    Playing Most Wanted (GC) I keep on pressing A to go whenever I start instead of R. A's normal, but R is so much more better.
    ^Pretty much the best game ever.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • The controls for Disgaea DS. I kept confusing them for Devil Survivor's one. Although they're the same, the mechanics are different and I end up ending my turn before attacking, and losing.
    ...fail.

Disgaea is awesomes, though. The isometric perspective confuses me every time I try to play it after a few months, though.

For me? Oblivion and World of Warcraft. Mainly because I kept trying to play WoW with Oblivion controls. Like hitting E to jump, Tab to open status, etc.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Going from WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09 (Wii) to the classic WWF No Mercy (N64, greatest wrestling game of all time. >:D) always affects my gameplay. I think at one point, I started shaking the N64 controller trying to punch someone. I literally facepalmed at my stupidity.
    Another case of this is with any of the Street Fighter Games and Naruto: Clash of Ninja games. I'll go smashing X and O on the PS2 for Street Fighter, expecting an epic combo like I would get on a CoN game, but then it doesn't happen, obviously. xP

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Going between fighting games is a bad idea, too. I went from Super Smash Bros Melee to Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 and just completely screwed myself up. I think if I tried to play either of them now, I'd just go blank.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • *thinks*

I think was playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. And then right after moved to Assassin's Creed for the first time.

And the run buttons were in different positions. Might have two different games that I played back to back, but positive running was giving me trouble.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • When I'm actively switching between Halo and CoD, I find myself doing this quite often.
    Like thinking the grenade button is right bumper in halo, and accidently reloading and causing myself an unneeded death.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I was playing Tales of Symphonia for a while (god knows why), and then took a break from playing a while. Then, my sister calls me in for help in Tales of the Abyss. It was all good, except for one problem - the guard and arte button are essentially switched between the two games, so I kept accidentally activating my guard when I meant to activate my arte and vice versa.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I think I was playing Phantasy Star for the DS and then I got Golden Sun and got totally confused for some reason. Then I went back to Phantasy Star. I'm still in circles.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well it's not exactly the same as forgetting controls, but seeing as how I play a lot of FPS's sensitivity is constantly throwing me off.

Like I once went from Halo to Bioshock and was like "Why am I turning so slow?"
    Then I went back to Halo and had to knock my sensitivity down a few levels. The cycle continues between Halo, Fallout, Bioshock, COD, the works.

Back