• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Even though I really liked Kris, i really dont mind her being in the game, and I dont get why so many people are whining about it :/
    I understand ur upset, but the new girl is just like Kris with brown hair and a change of clothes :P

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    To compare:
    Wait, why was Kris not in again?
    Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Highly different, but as far as I can tell, they're completely replacing Kris with this new character. So, don't expect to see the actual original Kris in Heart Gold or Soul Silver.
    I still think they should've kept the hair/eyes blue, though... I don't know what they were thinking changing it to brown.

Years
    Has anyone seen how blue the water is in this game? Kris's hair would have blended in and it would have appeared as if she was bald. They had to make the hair brown. I like it better that way. I already had fun playing as a blue haired character in Diamond and Platinum. Now it's time to play as a brunette this time. It's not that much of a difference.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Perhaps Kris will play a part in Kanto. I don't recall Silver ever going to Kanto, so maybe they saved her as the Kanto rival in order to add more story into the Kanto region.

I don't think that I said Kanto enough in that passage...

Kanto
    Kanto
    Kanto
    Kanto
    Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Only thing I have been hearing from people is that they do not look alike so there is a zero percent chance of them being the same character. I find it to be a poor reason nevertheless believe that there is a percentage of being a severely Kris is better than saying that there is a zero percent chance. I am not saying that though people who are definite sure that this is a redesign is right I am just saying that saying that she has a no chance of this being a redesign is not right either. In my opinion they do not exactly look like, but there is a small resemble since both girls and both pigtail that upward. Also some character look alike that are different characters for example Red and Lucas and Leaf and Dawn, but they are not the same character. Also why would you expect Kris to wear what she similar had on in Pokemon Crystal or even have the same exactly hairstyle if this turns out to be a redesign and it is also a fact that the style the HGSS heroine is wearing is a popular fashion style that is called Shinguku in Japan. Notice that you do not have to have the same hair color to look alike beside I have seen this sprite that I mention earlier with Kris appearing to have brown hair though it is a glitch sprite of when Gold and Kris switch color panel that I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread and told what sources I have seen them. Though this could have something to do with the hair color of the HGSS heroine, but not directly since it was a glitch. It is possible that is has nothing to with it at all I am not saying that this Kris is definitely Kris because there is a chance that she is a different character but based off of her as was the case with Red and Lucas and Leaf with Dawn. This is what I mean about the color panels. The one on the left has Kris appearing to have brown hair and the one on the right is the sprite we usually see with Kris with blue hair. I saw these display on Pokesadium.com and PokemonElite2000.com. The sprites are in spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Though we could say that if Kris and the HGSS heroine share default names could be an visual indication that they are based off of each other but I do not think that would make them the same character unless 'Kris' name is somewhere in the data. Though their is a chance that the HGSS heroine might not even share any of Kris name and may not be based on her at all though from my prespective I do see some resemble between the two.

Also it puzzles me why the anime shown made all of those cameo of her anime-counterpart since the anime does have incite to Gamefreak ongoing project if she was not going to be a main character, or if she was going to be an important character, or if at least the HGSS heroine design is based of Kris design, but not the same character, or to simply just mislead us. Could it also be a possibility that the anime was trying to tell us something about the design. Again I know that Gamefreak does not have anything to do with the anime but they do have incite to Gamefreak project and the animes job is to advertise for the games.

Now a lot of people say that Red redesign was drastic change just as the HGSS girl from Kris. I have to disagree with that because in fact Red still wore blue jeans and a red jacket and a cap though some people thought that the FRLG protagonist and FRLG rival were Red and Green children because their face look different, but at least they knew that their was some connection to Red and Green.

Now see people say that Leaf design is more similar to the unseen female character in generation one than Kris to the HGSS heroine because both of them had sleeves outfit. I have to disagee with that because to me the HGSS heroine has a red shirt just like Kris, she is wearing some type of shorts, the black part at the top of the girl's sock is similar to the blue part at the end of Kris shorts in shape, they both are wearing shoes with red and white in them although the red dominents the white in the HGSS heroine shoes and her hairstyle is similar to Kris' in shape. The unseen character however just wore a sleevless black dress and black shoes, and wore no hat of any kind not to mention we do not see her face either even though that they both have on an outfit sleeveless something sleeveless, a similar hairstyle and there hair color brown, but a different shade of brown, but I still considered that compare to Kris design and HGSS heroine design has more similarities than the unseen female character from generation one and Leaf. Then again it has never been any prove that Leaf was a redesign of the unseen generation one female character nor if she was based off of her. There was another character with a drastic redesign change between though two, but it was a gym leader. Blaine's design in Pokemon Red and Green was much different than his redesign from Pokemon Blue, but this drastic redesign was done long time ago before any Pokemon game was remade.

See Blaine's from Pokemon Red and Green on the left art from Pokemon Blue on the right in spoilers. These two pictures came from bulbapedia's archives.
    Spoiler:

In my opinion the drastic change between Blaine from Pokemon Red and Green was even more drastic then the change between Kris and the HGSS heroine if you compare them.

It is a known fact that no generation two character has been servely redesign since there appearance Pokemon Gold and Silver to Pokemon Crystal. So they could be making up the case and decide to servely redesign a generation two character if the girl does turn out to be is a redesign of Kris.

Also I lot of people are disregarding the art that Eusine and the HGSS heroine appear in a piece of artwork together. This is not be definite proof that the Girl is Kris, because since the girl is believed to replace Kris then she would get all of Kris roles, though but it is not something to ignore either because it could be a possible reference to the Pokemon Crystal Version.

Lily, what I have been saying is this...
    Kris,was charcter from the manga and the name caught on
    Soul/Heart is basically a new charcter since gold/silver did not have female lead while crystal did so maybe thats why they did not put her in...
    Kris was a character that debut in Pokemon Crystal meaning that the game character is orignial and their are many Pokemon manga out there with has there own intrepetion of the game. Kris has two counterpart which are Crystal (Crys) from Pokemon Special and Chris from Golden Boys and they are not the same character as Kris, but are just based off of her design just like Marina form the anime is. Your last statment makes it seems that the Gamefreak has pretend that they have never released Crystal. It really irked me that people compared Pokemon Crystal to Pokemon Yellow which was a special edition version since Pokemon Blue was the true third version and since Pokemon Crystal element have appeared vastly in a game it is not a good enough excuse why they replace her or that some believe that is the reason why she was replace her. I even find that they chose to scrap her and decide to create a new character to be a better reason than these. Beside there was both a male and female protoype protagonist who was reveal a couple of years before the original Gold and Silver were released, but instead they decide to recreate the characters, but possibly could not find the female character in due to the limit space on the Pokemon Gold and Silver cartidge. Apparently they did not pretend that they never release Pokemon Yellow either since there is a feature from that game present in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. If you want proof of the prototype character that I am talking about here they are in spoilers. I saw them display on a thread in on bulbagardens.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I really don't mind. I find that her part belonged in Crystal, not in any other game nor remake. But that's my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Just want to let you know

Well guys the game has come out already and is proven the Soul/ real name Kotone is different how do I know that because in Bulbapidia it has state there has been more female character then male in the main serious which mkes Kotone or Soul whatever you guy want call her different from Kris, I am a Kris fan an I wish she would be in the game but Kotone has gotten to me to cause she is so darn cute just like all the girl in the games. Also just cuase she has brown hair does not make her different also because Red's color hair was black and it turn brown in the remakes. But I am sorry if I insulted anyones opinion this is just mine also. Please dont hate me T.T I am new here

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back