• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking Pokemon... Your thoughts?

Years
  • What's you stance on Walking Pokemon(Pokemon out of their Poke Balls and following the trainer)? Personally, I think it's rater cute to see em following you and interacting with them.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Its cute, and gives me the feeling of not running around aimlessly alone :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think it's nice, a better feeling then having them cooped up in their Pokeballs :D

Years
  • Yeah, it's nice to have your Pokemon out of their Pokeballs and walking with you.

That's why HGSS was so good.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I think it's nice, and in my opinion it's beneficial to deepen the bond between the trainer and Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Walking Pokemon were one of the neater features of HG/SS. I liked having my starter out to walk with me as opposed to keeping it in the ball because it doesn't seem fair that the Pokemon stays in its ball all the time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Gonna play devil's advocate here...

Honestly, I hardly noticed in HG/SS. Maybe because I was on the bike all the time, but I didn't think it was that big a feature. A cool novelty addition, yes, but not anything game-changing.

And my experience with the anime taught me just how annoying Pokemon out of their Pokeballs can be in the worst case scenario.

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I think its pretty cute, especially if you get a Pikachu and put it in first place, then its just like Yellow version! Though with considerably better graphics XD. Still quite confused as to why they didnt implement it into B/W..Oh well. Anyway, I think its really awesome, like having Lugia or Ho-Oh following you, or even Mewtwo! Gyarados following you is pretty funny, since hes a fish out of water XD.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    For Grey (or R/S remakes) they should bring this back, I was dissapointed when it was omitted.

But to me if it clear that there should be some things:
    It is optional.
    Certain Pokemon can't follow eg. Water Pokemon without legs.
    However... these animations are used whilst surfing.
    Also, birds flying.

Would really add to authenticity.

Markus1992

Azura
    Years
  • I loved it!!!

On the anime... the trainers occasionally have a Pokemon assigned to them, such as Ash - Pikachu, Dawn - Piplup, Gary - Umbreon... I felt like them. :) My choice is always a Pokemon which matches the sprite... so I plan on having Ampharos or Raichu for Soul Silver. (Not got around to playing it yet...) :S

Years
  • I really like the idea of Pokemon walking with you ('m only saying "idea" because I haven't played Yellow, and haven't gotten around to buying SS or HG yet). I was kinda disappointed when this feature wasn't in B/W, so hopefully they'll put it back in again in the third version.

Years
  • I've never played HG/SS but in my Yellow version I thought it was the coolest thing ever that Pikachu followed you, so I can imagine how fun it would be in HG/SS when you can actually choose which pokémon does so :) I feel like it would really personalise the experience :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    the pokemon walking with the hero should be given a bigger role such as a roar before you battle a trainer or give it an [!] mark when its hp is low..

Back