• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wally (small spoilers)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • Wally's Victory Road theme is AWESOME! :15:

His arc is supposed to be a weakling that grows into a cool guy. It doesn't ever come across in RSE. However, that music alone tells a story. The music tells us who Wally has become.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Wally seems to wear his sleeping clothes everywhere though.

But, Mega Gallade. OMG, I didn't expect it. I thought they would be sticking to Gardevoir but oh yeah. Gallade is baws.

Years
  • I really love how better of a character Wally became in this game, now that they gave him a bigger role. The scene where you have the last battle against him in Victory Road has one of the most unique battle scenery in the game and is coupled with an epic battle theme to make it all the more awesome. It was surprising to see his Gardevoir from the original games replaced by Gallade but after looking further into it, Gallade does suit him better, like a knight protecting its friend.

Years
  • The oras Wally is a big improvement imo. Much more character development even though we hardly ever see him. He also has an awesome battle theme. I kinda feel like a jerk for OHKOing all his team. He keeps trying so hard only to lose a fight he's never gonna win.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I like how they fleshed out his character, including his family. In the originals, Wally's father came off as kind of a jerk, always thinking too little of him because of his sickness to the point where his own wife had to keep it a secret from him that Wally had left his uncle's house to go on a journey. In ORAS, Wally's father seems much more supportive and proud of his son. Gallade as his signature Pokemon is a nice change too, because it better symbolises his character's growth, starting out as a weak Ralts and eventually getting much stronger.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I do love Wally's development throughout the games, but I especially love how we can battle Wally with a 'new and improved' team! Like, at the battle resort, he comes at us with his previous 5 pokemon, Altaria, Roselia, Gallade, Delcatty, and his new Magnezone all about level 64 ~ 66, which is a decent challenge already coming from the delta emerald episode! After he has a team full of level 79 ~ 81 pokemon, which is really insane, and even looking at his pokemon: Roserade, Talonflame, Azumarill, Magnezone, Garchomp & Gallade.

Now, Talonflame, Garchomp, and Azumarill are beastly pokemon already, but damn, he actually gives them pretty nice items, like Rocky Helmet on his Garchomp to stack with it's Rough Skin ability, and freaking Life Orb on Talonflame that already gets priority by using flying moves.. haha, yikes. So, yeah, I really like how they ended up upping the challenge to battle Wally post game, at least compared with R/S/E Wally~

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Back into my Emerald days I already thought that he could appear more often even if it was not for a battle and I always thought how weird was the fact that his Gardevoir was male. Now with ORAS I think he could appear more often as well but I liked the character in general. They added little details here and there and he have a Gallade now which is so awesome *:*

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    im suprised not as many people liked wally this time around. his design to me was meh, but development wise was great. i just wish we would have seen him more, but then again, its cool how you know hes progressing as hes on the gym statues, then shows up right at the end.

his rival battle was my favorite of any of the rivals in previous games. not only was the music incredible, but the surroundings, and then mega gallada, along with seeing how wally had grown so much

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • im suprised not as many people liked wally this time around. his design to me was meh, but development wise was great. i just wish we would have seen him more, but then again, its cool how you know hes progressing as hes on the gym statues, then shows up right at the end.

I like the little touch the creators added when Groudon/Kyogre activated their weathers after the incident. You can see Wally on Evergrande. And he's waaaaayyyyyy ahead on you.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I do not like Wally's battle theme at all, feels misplaced; as an encounter theme, it would've been fine, but it's barely a minute long before it loops, and for a battle that can take a few minutes, it starts to grate on my ears, so I tend to mute it and play the World Champion theme while I curb-stomp his entire team

FACE THE WRATH OF MY MON-AMIE-EMPOWERED TEAM!

haaah, I'm such a heartless trainer sometimes

Would've been nice if he helped you during the Delta Episode; doesn't he want his Key Stone back?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wally is one of the biggest improvements from RSE to ORAS. The remakes gave him a lot of character developement, and now he is so amazing as a character. Also, his battle theme has to be one of the best in Pokémon history.

Back