• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Want to change my name...How?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • You just missed a name change period. We hold them twice a year, and the next opportunity will be in July.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    ....And is there absolutely NO way I can get it? I doubt it's too hard to change one name.

Sirfetch’d

....And is there absolutely NO way I can get it? I doubt it's too hard to change one name.

It's not that hard to change one name, no. However, if shenanigans changes your name, other people who missed out on the name change will expect to be able to have their names changed as well and it would be a never ending process. You'll have to either wait until the next name change period like shenanigans stated or make a new account as Fire suggested.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    It's not that hard to change one name, no. However, if shenanigans changes your name, other people who missed out on the name change will expect to be able to have their names changed as well and it would be a never ending process. You'll have to either wait until the next name change period like shenanigans stated or make a new account as Fire suggested.

But I made a thread about my hack. Making a new account and making that thread again will have people accuse me of stealing the hack.

Plus I need 15 posts to upload pictures which I need if I were to reupload that thread.

Do you wanna know what's bull**** about the name change?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8340610#8340610

The fact that I requested it 2 years ago when the thing was open and you guys didn't do it yet. So can't you make an exception, change my name, then delete my thread(just so others can't see).

It's not fair. I DID request it. I even did so when it was time to do so. And you guys ignored me. Everyone who requested it in that thread got their wish. Why not me? Unfair.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

But I made a thread about my hack. Making a new account and making that thread again will have people accuse me of stealing the hack.

Plus I need 15 posts to upload pictures which I need if I were to reupload that thread.

Do you wanna know what's bull**** about the name change?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8340610#8340610

The fact that I requested it 2 years ago when the thing was open and you guys didn't do it yet. So can't you make an exception, change my name, then delete my thread(just so others can't see).

It's not fair. I DID request it. I even did so when it was time to do so. And you guys ignored me. So...

First of all, you need to calm down. Secondly, the name you requested 2 years ago was already taken, hence the reason that it was denied. If you want to make a new account that is fine and no one is going to accuse you of stealing your own hack. It's also not that hard to reach 15 posts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    First of all you need to calm down. Secondly, the name you requested 2 years ago was already taken, hence the reason that it was denied. If you want to make a new account that is fine and no one is going to accuse you of stealing your own hack. It's also not that hard to reach 15 posts.

Well you could of TOLD ME it was taken instead of ignoring me. Then I request "Lucarionite Andrew". That's not taken, and you guys sorta owe me from 2 years ago. And yes it is hard if you're not intersted in talking here. Plus if I post that hack, people are gonna accuse me of stealing the hack from "Andrew13112001"

Sirfetch’d

Well you could of TOLD ME it was taken instead of ignoring me. Then I request "Lucarionite Andrew". That's not taken, and you guys sorta owe me from 2 years ago. And yes it is hard if you're not intersted in talking here. Plus if I post that hack, people are gonna accuse me of stealing the hack from "Andrew13112001"

No one is obligated to tell you that a username is or is not taken. When shenanigans posts the username changes thread, he clearly states that it is your responsibility to determine if a username is eligible or not. If you were unsure, you should have PMed him and asked about the name. No one "owes" you anything.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Well then how do I do this? If I make a new account, I will have to spam my way trough 15 posts, then create a thread where I will be banned for "stealing" a hack.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    You can just PM a section moderator and ask for the thread ownership to be transferred. Proof of you having both accounts will be needed, so just PM that moderator from your other account. No problems there!

In addition, making 15 posts isn't hard. There's tons of chat threads that you can use to talk with users. No need for spamming.

PM a Hack Thread mod? And will the 15 limit still be needed for the transfer?

And plus, it wouldbe way easier for everyone to change my name, than have me make a new account, request something, wait, and have them doit.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    The post limit shouldn't be needed for it since you can prove that you're you by PMing from each account, but the 15 limit will be needed for posting links (And maybe images, I'd have to double check that one). Waiting for a mod isn't that bad, it might be a few hours, but there's enough section mods there that one of them will get to you.

But as mentioned, it'd be viewed as unfair that someone got a name change outside of the name change dates, so in the end it's not only better to stick to the guidelines that were set for name changes, it's also less headache down the road for everyone.

It's also unfair I'm not told 2 years ago that the name I requested can't be put to me cause it's used. How am I supposed to know? There are hundreds of users here.

If I transfer a thread WITH pictures to a new account,do I still need the 15 thing? Since the photos are there already from the previous account.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    It's also unfair I'm not told 2 years ago that the name I requested can't be put to me cause it's used. How am I supposed to know? There are hundreds of users here.

If I transfer a thread WITH pictures to a new account,do I still need the 15 thing? Since the photos are there already from the previous account.

Had you read the first post of the name change thread you posted in at the time, you would've known that 1: it was your responsibility to check if the name you requested was taken and 2: it gave you instructions on how to check for a name's availability.

Given how you are acting here in this thread I find it very unlikely admins would be willing to help you.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I was going to suggest, if you're worried about the 15 post limit thing, that you play some of the trivia games. They're fast, fun, and they're free. They'll also help relieve some stress.

There are also, of course, hundreds of other threads to participate in.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm curious to know why it is this way? Why not let people change their usernames whenever they want??

An administrator goes in and changes each username manually, and given the sheer volume of username requests that come in during each name change period, we should be very grateful to shenanigans for even holding name change periods as often as he does, as he takes a lot of time out of his day(s) doing. There was recently a change in the rules to allow Platinum Tier supporters to change their usernames on demand, but beyond that the current system doesn't seem likely to change any time soon.

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm curious to know why it is this way? Why not let people change their usernames whenever they want??

also, years ago when we permitted username changes on a frequent basis the whole site would lag and crash almost all the time. it's not easy labor on the server apparently.

xxScarletDragonxx

Food Lover
    Years
  • also, years ago when we permitted username changes on a frequent basis the whole site would lag and crash almost all the time. it's not easy labor on the server apparently.
    Ah okay, that makes sense! I guess I'll just have to wait until July. Kind of frustrated that I missed it by a few days, we didn't have internet until the day after it was over lol

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Personally I feel like some people would deserve exceptions to be made for them, such as ScarletDragon above since she had no control over not having internet access at all while the thread was open and could only get on a day after. It sucks to have to miss it due to things out of your control.

But then, at the same time, if we grant exceptions for reasons like this, other people would probably try to push the limits and ask for more, and more, and then people would complain that they deserved having an exception made for them because someone else did too, etc.

Maybe exceptions like this could be explicitly stated in the name change forum rules, and possibly have to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis? idk, just an idea. Maybe something like, if you missed it by a few days (1-3 days or so) and have good reasons then you could have it granted. If limits are explicitly stated then I don't think people can try to push them. But one problem I see with that is that we would end up with people who missed the exceptions deadline by a few days and ask to have an exception granted, etc. and then people would be mad and complain that someone got an exception made for them and they didn't, etc. which would cause unnecessary trouble.

This would also mean more work though, to have to review each request on a case-by-case basis.

In the end I understand the reasoning for not allowing any exceptions, if you miss it you miss it, but I feel this could help some people. Only if those responsible for it would be willing to do the extra work, of course.

Then again, this forum doesn't have any rules against creating more than one account, so if someone's display name really means that much to them and they don't want to have to wait for the next name change period, they can create another account under a new name and use that one instead.

Back