• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Warning: Long post} So....

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
Years
  • Hello there PokéCommunity! I'm Gonshiro, I'm 21 years old, and I live in California. I have many hobbies, but a few include reading Manga, practicing Kendo, and watching Baseball and Hockey. I really enjoy to play games, and an old favorite is, of course, Pokémon. I've owned Red, Yellow, Gold and Crystal in the past, but alas I lost interest once Gen III rolled around. Nostalgia has gotten the better of me (the bugger) and so I decided to try out what I missed.

I had mixed feelings about the 'Advance(d?)' generation, mostly due to the rather weak line up of new monsters to collect. Personally, they just didn't appeal to me very much, so I decided to go with FireRed, since I had Red in the past. I can't say I was disappointed, but I was just so late to the party that the last piece of cake was stale and everybody besides the janitor was gone.

If I had bought the game when it was new, and everybody was still playing it, I might have enjoyed it more. Sadly I missed out on all the events (which apparently Gen III had plenty of Nintendo events...) and since I didn't know anybody who played any Gen III games, I gave my copy to a neighbor (he had a GBA, but didn't own a Pokémon game for it), and lost interest again.

Well this was all about two years ago, and since then I have been a bit curious about where the franchise has headed. I don't own a Nintendo DS, mostly because the only games I would buy on it would be (more than likely) Pokémon games. (I haven't seen any other DS titles that interest me.) Therefor currently the only one I play is Crystal on VBA. (And soon Stadium 2, but that's a story for another day)

Anyways...Wow that was longer than I thought.....I'll wrap this up. I'm glad to find such a large community of fans and I hope that I will see you all around. =) Sorry for the large post..

Years
  • Hi there and welcome! I actually enjoy Baseball and hockey as well.. but i'm more of a gamer then anything. The manga i never did read but i started a few days ago and enjoyed it. Some people iv seen didn't enjoy third gen as much as the rest so i can understand. That's actually nice of you to give your fire red away like that. (hopefully they'll enjoy Pokemon :P ) That's too bad you missed out on fire red and advanced gen events since there were quite a few nice things added. I actually really enjoyed crystal and finished the Pokedex a while back on it. (except Celebi since i didn't do event or use game shark -.-) If you have any questions message anyone with a bold name and they'll help you out since they know EVERYTHING about PC. :P Also don't worry about the long post.. it was nice to hear back story rather than nothing from people. :P Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here, and hope to see you around! :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was actually inspired to come read by the prospect of a long, interesting introduction. :)

My boyfriend is from California actually! He's from San Diego which is just gorgeous and amazing and omg. What kind of manga are you into? I used to be huge into reading manga, now I watch more anime but I still have that soft spot in my heart for the black and white pages haha.

I would recommend getting your hands on a DS emulator and a "copy" of Black or White, as they're the newest games. I was like you, I quit during Sapphire and didn't start enjoying it again until Black and White, which I'm now obsessed with haha. But if you're into the nostalgia factor that's fine too, there are plenty of people that are on here that either used to like Pokemon and don't at all anymore, or only like the older games since there's so much to do on the site that doesn't have to do with Pokemon at all. There's also sections that just have to do with the franchise and not with any one game in particular (like the section I moderate, Pokemon General hint hint), and lots of fangames if you want to try something a little different from mainstream Pokemon

Either way don't be afraid to branch out and have fun! :33

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi. I'm from California too. :D What part of CA do you live in, if you don't mind me asking. :)

Welcome to the PokeCommunity, though! As Toujie mentioned, Try your hand at Black & White. It's the best game you will ever play. I'm pretty sure at first you might not be amused, but at the end you will be amazed. :D Go ahead and try it out. :D

Stadium 2, however, is my favorite spin-off game. Wish I own it though. :/

Anyways, you are more than welcome to talk about anything Pokemon here in the forums, as we have a ton of sections for you to visit. Like Pokemon General (where Toujie is a moderator of, Black & White (where there's currently an event going on rn!), and maybe go on a trip to memory lane and visit the General Pokemon Gaming sections (which includes the Advanced Generation section).

Take your time to explore, and I shall see ya around! :D Feel free to send me, Snivy or any staff in bold colors a message (or VM me, I'm nice!) if you have any questions!

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
    Years
  • Wow thank you all for the kind welcome. I'm so used to communities being full of people who are rather stuck up, so this is a nice change of pace. =)

Yeah, it would have been nice if I was around for the Gen III events, being as I did miss out on quite a bit, but what can you do? =p

I've actually just started playing Crystal the other day (again) and I've only caught about 55 or so, but I'll play the others after I've caught all that I can on it. Luckily, using Project64 along with a gamepad plugin that allows use of the transfer pak, I can..well...transfer my party to Stadium 2 once I get them to the level I want. =)

@ Toujours
    To be completely honest, my favorite manga would have to be Rurouni Kenshin, with Dragon Ball coming in after. I would like to get my hands on Pokémon Adventures, but I've never seen it around. =/ What sorts of anime do you watch, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and I will grab a DS emulator, but the last one I tried out was laggy. (My PC isn't the greatest) That was a few years ago, though, so maybe they run better now. At any rate I'll grab a Black ROM, along with HeartGold, and give them a try.

@Meganium90
    I'm from Phelan, up in the High Desert. How about you?

Well like I said before, I use Project 64 to play Stadium 2 (The video used to be extremely buggy, but I found that 1.6.1 plays it nicely, and with a good gamepad plugin using a transfer pak is possible, so that's nice.)

Last edited:
    Back