• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen WARNING: NEVER stare at your DSi screen for at least 4 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    WARNING: NEVER play your DSi for at least 4 hours, you get mentally dizzy i tried it on sunday and i was way dizzy! Avoid addiction of SS and HG

Years
    WARNING: NEVER play your DSi for at least 4 hours, you get mentally dizzy i tried it on sunday and i was way dizzy! Avoid addiction of SS and HG

You don't have some kind of disability or anything? Maybe it messed with your depth perception or something if the screen is up close to your face.

I've never had a problem like that though, even after a long time. Most I've ever heard of is seizures.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I've had a DS (and recently a DSi) for 4 years now and nothing like that has ever happened. Maybe your head is just sensative or something. Besides, there is a warning about epilepsy and stuff.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    mentally dizzy is my word for dizzy i think it was just not used to it so WARNING: If NOT used to staring at a DSi screen for 4 hours dont do that or else you get mentally dizzy

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    And, let's be honest - it's just diziness. It's not like your having seizures or fainting.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    And that is why they have that disclaimer when you first turn on the DSi (that EVERYONE IGNORES!).

Different people have different tolerances to that sort of thing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Huh, naw, I've played Advance Wars and Pokemon for at least six hours straight many a time. I grew up watching a screen though... god I feel so empty. What ever happened to playing in the streets or down by the brook...

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    So, you're encouraging us to play more?

..Or did you mean "NEVER stare at your DSi screen for more than 4 hours"

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Sorry, bro. There is already that warning. Says you have to take a break from gaming every 15-30 minutes. [/Is the nerd who actually read the safety manual. XD]

But yeah, I've stared at gaming screens longer. [/Is proving more and more nerdy. XD]

Years
    Sorry, bro. There is already that warning. Says you have to take a break from gaming every 15-30 minutes. [/Is the nerd who actually read the safety manual. XD]

But yeah, I've stared at gaming screens longer. [/Is proving more and more nerdy. XD]

I think the best thing to do is a 10-15 minute break per hour, but I seldom do that unless I'm playing all day.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    I've played MPH for at least 14 hours before, yeah you're like..."Where am I..?" after a bit, but I get that after reading or watching tv too...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back