• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Warps not working

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So I've already asked in the quick questions thread, but now it seems to be a lot worse and could take a while.

I am trying to make a simple warp, but it is not working, and when I go through the door, a black screen appears.

I will post some pictures if nessesary, but it appears that all new warps are doing this.

EDIT: After some trial and error, it appears the warp will go to any other warp except the one I need. Great.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    So I've already asked in the quick questions thread, but now it seems to be a lot worse and could take a while.

I am trying to make a simple warp, but it is not working, and when I go through the door, a black screen appears.

I will post some pictures if nessesary, but it appears that all new warps are doing this.

EDIT: After some trial and error, it appears the warp will go to any other warp except the one I need. Great.

I ran into the same problem. Asked about it in the A-Map tutorial, never got an answer. I was able to force the warp to work, under certain conditions, but it brings up a bunch of gibberish, when i do so, and I can't move. No idea what's happening here, other than the fact that a-map is buggy as sin.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I ran into the same problem. Asked about it in the A-Map tutorial, never got an answer. I was able to force the warp to work, under certain conditions, but it brings up a bunch of gibberish, when i do so, and I can't move. No idea what's happening here, other than the fact that a-map is buggy as sin.

I figured out a fix. In the header section, each map should have a script. If it doesn't you need to copy one from another map.

More bad news though, because when I exit the house, I end up in the wrong spot :(

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I figured out a fix. In the header section, each map should have a script. If it doesn't you need to copy one from another map.

More bad news though, because when I exit the house, I end up in the wrong spot :(
    That's odd. Shouldn't the warp send you to a specific warp event on the destination map?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Cool, glad you solved it. I'm gonna go try that out, just as soon as I feel like re-importing all my maps (I accidentally killed both my ROM and my backup, somehow, lost two maps, luckily, i had exported the other 6, and I have bitmaps of all 8, so I'll only be about a day behind)

Back