• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was Misty ever a good battler in the show?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    weedle_mchairybug said:
    Oh she did have a battle all right. In fact, she even gave the imaginary Mantine a run for its money.

Her Goldeen didn't put up such a good effort against Kingdra though. That's one Pokémon that didn't help her much in any of her matches I think. Though she did quite well with Corsola.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No, obviously, she was horrible

Err, if she was "horrible", then please explain how she even managed to get to Top 8, if not Top 4 of the Whirl Cup (latter probably most accurate, given the fact that Trinity lost to the Feraligatr trainer who in turn became champ as a result), or heck, how she was even able to give that imaginary Mantine a run for its money during Movie 3 (and considering how those "imaginary pokemon" were directly stated to be unbeatable due to being imaginary, even giving it a run for its money is something.)?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    In my opinion. I believe she was a good battler even at this point, Now that she's a gym leader which makes her more powerful to hear and to tell. She's a water type genius and in some episodes back in R/S/E like the Togepi Mirage Episode. Her Gyrados actually ruled the villains. :)

Years
    If Misty (as well as Brock) were actually decent battlers, how would the show show off how awesome Ash and his Pikachu were? To be fair, most of these loses *mainly against Team Rocket* are more or less plot devices so Ash can come out victorious from a situation where even Gym Leaders would fail.

Back