• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Was Platinum worth it?

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I..I have it on my R4 XD
    No, not worth at all. I quit. I was one of those original DP players, so this game wasn't too different besides the wohole Giritina thing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Yes definitely. The faster surfing speeds were worth it, and the sprites were more appealing in my opinion. I also liked the way the Pokedex was expanded.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • EVERYTHING was so much better. The game was a little faster, it had an actual storyline, a cool Distortion World, as well as a Battle Frontier. That, in my opinion, is worth it.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
  • I started out with Platinum first, so I thought it was totally worth it when I compared it to D/P later. I especially loved the Gym Leader rematches, easy-to-navigate menu, and the storyline with Looker, lol.

Jdwg1337

Almost Chuck Norris
    Years
  • i didn't find platinum worth it, as it didn't captivate me as much at D/P did. Probably because i also had already gotten bored of my Diamond version before platinum came out. however the distortion world was kinda cool.

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I don't think it was worth it. I already played through Diamond, beat everything it had to offer. I couldn't get into it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Definitely, a lot of those terrible things were taken out (like slow surfing) a hitched up storylines, etc...

I would say I did really enjoy all the added features, including that torn world, (although a little annoying) the gym leader rematches, battle frontier... the list goes on.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In my opinion, yes it was. I liked it better than D/P because it had more features and some new better sprites. Plus, a bigger diversity of Pokemon made it better to play :)

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • I'd have to say that Platinum is worth it, most especially if one hasn't played D/P. There are some nice changes, such as Giratina and the Distortion world, and of course, the sprites.

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    I liked Platinum back when I played it. I especially liked the new tracks in it :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    With Platinum being an all advanced game from Diamond and Pearl, it's obviously better out of the two and thus, worth it - at least for the fourth generation. It definitely isn't one of the best Pokémon games out there, but it did have a couple of features brought in that DP did not include, like the Distortion World and being capable of obtaining all three legendary dragons, etc. It did also, bring back some spark to the Battle Frontier for me, so that's also a plus. Overall though Platinum was worth it, at least more than DP was itself.

eman1192

Shiny Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2022
    i think it was worth it too cause i felt like they added just enough new features. but it definitely wasnt like the most amazing pokemon game though

Years
  • I suppose. I mean, the Distortion World and the extended storyline were great additions, and made D/P plain boring.

Back