• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen was the battle frontier made easier?

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i remember back in crystal, it was hard as hell. my pokemon always got OH ko'd.

now in here, all trainers use is 1st stage pokemon, like elekid. why no tyranitars or anything? why????

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • I assume so. It's pretty easy to win in the new battle frontier xD I'd be lucky to see the third battle in the old one...

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    The Battle Frontier is near Olivine city. You can have barely any badges and still go there. I think the developers were trying to make a good training ground for weaker trainers. Lame.

especially since you get no exp. if what you said is true, what the hell were they thinking...

Years
  • This Battle Frontier is an near exact copy of Platinum's and not Crystal's for one.

You can't go to the Battle Frontier until after you beat the Elite Four because it's not open yet.

Also, that's how all the Battle Frontier facilities work until you get a good winning streak going. Then it becomes impossibafjasklfhasj;h

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    This Battle Frontier is an near exact copy of Platinum's and not Crystal's for one.

You can't go to the Battle Frontier until after you beat the Elite Four because it's not open yet.

Also, that's how all the Battle Frontier facilities work until you get a good winning streak going. Then it becomes impossibafjasklfhasj;h

really? i think i beat it about 3 times. lost somewhere inbetween. how hard does it get?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • really? i think i beat it about 3 times. lost somewhere inbetween. how hard does it get?
    It can get insanely impossible. Try to beat Thorton when he has a Latios, Moltres and a Marowak and you have Gallade, Electivire and Lucario. FREAKING LATIOS! Lucario-scorched, Gallade-dragon rushed, electivire-dragon rushed. There might be a lot of stage 1 pokemon like chimchar at first, but once you get past like 21 straight battles or so the game will have no quarrels about throwing salamence after tyranitar after garchomp after you.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In general, with the Battle Frontier these days it works in that it begins off nice and easy, and then a few rounds in it builds up in difficulty - certainly the 1st-stage evos are basically gone by the third round. Sure, beating a set of seven is easy - but try hitting say 50 (or just beating the Brain twice for the gold print) and it's a completely different matter. (And the battle factory which has rentals is balenced from the get-go in terms of Pokemon - either you both have weak pokes or strong ones).

But yes, Crystal's BF was hax. x_x

Back