• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Was the game too easy?

Have the games gotten too easy?

• Too easy

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • A little easier

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Stayed the same..

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Harder

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitairu

Gym Leader
Years
  • Ya maybe, I am just going to have to train harder with them. Im having hard times at gyms , which is scaring me for the Pokemon League because that's usually where I have a hard time.

Venira

Pokemon & WoW Fanatic
    Years
  • I felt like it was a little harder this time around. I remember waaaay back in Silver, I was able to beat the Elite Four no problem. This time, even with my pokemon all around level 50 or so, I had a hard time getting through the first one.. spent way too much money on Revives and hyper potions. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is it me or does going through trainers not as easy as it use to be. I used to be able to go through trainers way easier in older games but for some reason it seems way harder. Are the pokemon weaker then older generations ? I have only got my 4th Badge so far.

From where discussion is heading, this fits into the thread discussing if the games were too easy, thus... merged!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I felt it was about the same difficulty of HG/SS, but it was harder than Emerald and easier than Plt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    I personally thought the reason this game was so much easier was that u didnt need HMs to beat the game as well as the caves and victory road being much more simple.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    Maybe they have gotten easier but maybe it just seems like that because back when we played the original games we didn't have the knowledge and experience we have now. I don't think the fact that the gyms were set in spots where you could find type advantaged pokemon helped that much, i definitely didn't go catching new pokemon specifically for each gym. Upon completion of the game my entire party are pokemon in the late 70's and early 80's, and i haven't spent too much time grinding them out. There are loads of battles which means loads of EXP, and i like that.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I found the game easier before going up against the Elite 4 because their Pokemon were at a waaayy higher level than mine and also to add to the disadvantages I had on it.

but it was totally easy to be N and Ghetsis

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    i think it was the hardest yet. mainly because i got snivy. i picked him to make the game harder, a little too hard lol. the second gym was hardest. followed by the bug gym and N. now the post E4 is to hard because i cant trade due to having a WPA2 connection and DS lite. Sob... lol :'(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The game got a lot more difficult (trainer card wise). The fact that you have to do the Super train with a 49 Win streak on both Single and Double makes it hard. Capturing all of the Pokemon (except for the ones that aren't available) is too much and getting all contest items...all 100 of them is too much work

:t354:TG

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    the game its self trying to catch pokemon seems to have stayed the same but i feel that the gyms have gotten easier to beat for some reason and i dont like that i love a challange

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
    Years
  • I personally think that the games were at a medium setting, unlike Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, which is at a more easy setting for me, but I belive that it all depends on how strong your Pokemon is, etc.

Back