• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Was this a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    I am playing through Diamond. Currently, I have a party of Budew, Murkrow, Prinplup, Geodude, and Luxio.
    I had an oppurtunity to get Staravia, but decided to go with Murkrow. I went on Bulbapedia (oh yes!) and saw that Hunchkrow has a higher base stat average than Staraptor. Smart move?
    I also only have 5 Pokemon, and want to get Magby/Magmar. Smart move?

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    it seems like uv got a pretty good team idea as long as u make ur geodude a golem
    or r u plannin on exchanging geodude 4 somethin else?

o, and hunchcrow is definately a good sub 4 staraptor

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    In before "any team works in-game, even 6 Wormadons." ; P

But yes, I enjoyed using Honchcrow in my Diamond play through (I always use a different team than the "normal"). He's a great substitute for Staraptor; the only thing he lacks is a bit of speed.

Magby/Magmar/Magmortar is a sound Pokémon, though a Psychic type might help fill your team even more. It's up to you, however. Regardless, you cannot get Magmar until after you get Surf, so you might want to get a 'filler' Pokémon until then, if you want to go with 6.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Honchkrow is usfull for the legue for lucan so id stick with him ; P
    or just use 6 Womadam's

PHC

Years
    Are you talking about team to go to GYMs and E4?
    Or your wi-fi battlin' team?
    If its for Gyms use any pokemon you like that will help you in the next GYM.
    If its wi-fi then its a horrible choice.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Are you talking about team to go to GYMs and E4?

They said they were playing through Diamond, so naturally its an in-game team.

But in saying that, because it is for an in-game team, I'm going to have to close this thread, because it neither fits in as a discussion topic nor would be allowed in the Q&A Thread. Please don't post any further question threads asking which Pokemon you should use in-game, because it doesn't really matter what you use, as evidenced in Mono-Type/One-Pokemon Playthroughs.

Closes~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back