• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen was your game deleted ?

deleted/wrecked by glitch

• Total voters
    Years
    Is there anyone who can tell me where to get a replacement internal battery? and do I need special kit to change it?

Also, I bet that once I go through huge amounts of trouble nintendo will announce the g/s remakes and my effort will essentially be wasted x]

But yes, thanks in advance.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    Yeah, my favorite...well my only shiny was erased from Pokemon Gold. The shiny was a Beedrill I had caught as a Weedle in the Bug Catching Contest. It was weird to see all that progress go down the drain, but nothing can be done about it now. ;_;

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    No, glitches have just made my game greater than worse, I now have 999999 Poké (Money).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Missingno ate then spewed out the sprites and music on my Blue. :(
    I still have the game, but haven't played it... maybe I should try. :0

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    My game (in Blue) was deleted when I caught that Scrambled "M" Missingno. but just once it happened to me...
    In my Red version, I always caught a Missingno. and never did my game deleted.....

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Hey, a glitch just SAVED my game from deletion! I didn't know glitches could destroy other evil bad glitches!

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Sea Guardian, kill Pikachu, you can use my Mew!

Pikachu: !!!

Haseo115

The Terror of Death
    Years
    About a few years ago my gold version just deleted by itself. I didn't it glitch or anything and I still was able to save. It was so weird.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It has happened to me on my Diamond. I used Action Replay/Gameshark to walk anywhere and I got stuck in an empty void of darkness...

Is there anyone who can tell me where to get a replacement internal battery? and do I need special kit to change it?

Also, I bet that once I go through huge amounts of trouble nintendo will announce the g/s remakes and my effort will essentially be wasted x]

But yes, thanks in advance.

I got my extra battery in my DS pack, but for other games, I think you can go to a local gamestore where you got your game and buy a battery.

Last edited:

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
    B) No its nothing to do with the clock, why would nintendo deliberately make your game reset?
    Well, I had the Yellow version, and I think I maxed out my time on it. I mean, I never found any glitches and I didn't hack my game. I never purposely reset my game, so I always thought I maxed my time out >.>

Shyok

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    lol i remember i tried to catch missingno, i cant remember what happened but it was bad ...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2008
    omg
    my silver and crystal are screwed aye
    the game deleted my old files and wont save now T_T
    is there any way to fix it?? o.O

Years
    MY silver jus dose not work anymore my gold still dose but my silver just stoped working and the said bit was i had like 40 Lv 100 i was over 999 hours i loved my silver thats why they need to do a remake

Years
    Thanks very much pokefan32.
    Do you know if I need any special kit because I'm hopeless with this kinda stuff?

Oh, and as for glitching, anyone find the number of glitches and why they work really quite interesting?
    Especially in generation 1, I was reading about some of them the other day.

Guest123_x1

Well, I had the Yellow version, and I think I maxed out my time on it. I mean, I never found any glitches and I didn't hack my game. I never purposely reset my game, so I always thought I maxed my time out >.>
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv"]A similar situation happened to my copy of Pokémon Yellow (on Labor Day 2000). I went to turn on the game-sometime in the evening, just before sunset, only to find out that the saved game data was "destroyed". I didn't know how it happened or what I did to cause it, and I still don't know today.
    [/FONT]

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Yes, today actually. I finally found my crystal version and I wanted to start it up again but it said that my file was corrupt 8( Thankfully I wasn't that far or had any beyond awesome pokemon. But it was still sad, I liked my team.

I don't think I've had a glitch happen though, at least not that I know of.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    i bought a sapphire from my friend @ school but he said that it got put in washing machine and the internal batterys dry but it works
    AS 4 BLUE AND RED I A CURSE!!! I HAVE BOUGHT 7 BLUE AND 12 RED THEY ALL DONT WORK!!!!

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    I lost my Silver save file because the internal battery died and I also lost my first ever save file when I tried using gameshark cheats for the first time. :(
    The cheats that are built into the cheat system seem to have a high chance of deleting your save file.

Back