• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wat to do?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    well,i have reach the Elite four...however,i cant defeat them..my strongest is only my feraligatr which is lvl 45....my strongest pokemon have been trade to pokemon gold and then my pokemon gold got infected...so,basically i have nothing to do in pokemon crystal..u guys got any opinion wat i shall do now?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Well in your situation, I can only suggest that you train Feraligatr and a few others higher to about 60.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    you're having trouble with a level 45 G8r? How? Give it this moveset...

Surf
    Earthquake
    Return
    Ice Punch/Beam

and you should wipe the floor with em, at almost any level. No need for training or other stuff. I ran through the E4 with a level 42 Typhlosion, so it's not that difficult.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Agreed, it's not hard to beat the E4, just try to level all of your Pokemon up equally and you shouldn't have a problem.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Natch, a single level 42 is more than enough to beat the E4. Usually, when I hit em, I've got this team...

Typhlosion 42 Earthquake, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Return
    Gyarados 30 Surf, Thrash, Dragon Rage, (insert random attack)
    Hoothoot 3
    Wooper 6
    Bellsprout/Sandshrew/Paras/Oddish 5
    Togepi 5

That completely decimates the E4's best Pokemon, with Will and Koga being by far the easiest opponents.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    wow!bullados,thats impressive...well,now my team is
    feraligatr lvl 48:surf,strength,slash,ice punch,
    Gyarados lvl 42 thrash,whirlpool,hydro pump,
    Haunter lvl 32,hypnosis,lick,night shade,confuse ray,
    Noctowl lvl 30,hypno,fly,
    Pichu lvl 28,dizzy punch n thunder wave
    suicune lvl 41,bubblebeam,cut,blah blah

Others forgot d...so am i ready to battle the elite four?btw,how can i get the return attack?i also got Tm for earthquake should i teach to feraligatr?thx a lot...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Absolutely, just gert Earthquake on G8r instead of Strength and you're set. The e4 is really a very weak squad overall, nothing like what they were in RBY...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Yeah... I think you should give earthquake to feraligatr too. It has a good Attack .

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    so,now i take away feraligatr strength n give him earthquake?i only have 1 earthquake tm?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    breeding always works for skrewing around with moves. Either that, or try getting Smeargle to Sketch the move and breed from there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    erm,so now i oni got 1 Tm earthquake....should i use it to feraligatr n forget his strength?pls gimme advsie...btw,now my feraligatr is lvl 50 d,very easy to lvl up now XD

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    The e4 is not hard in that game just I would prefer to have your feraligator with earth quake and and ice attack and a water attack and train it to be lv.50-55 and you should be good!

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    with feralitagr, go in at level ~55 with surf, ice beam, earthquake, and any filler of your choice. the elite four and gym leaders in g/s/c have really low level pokemon compared to r/b/y. it shouldn't be that hard, considering with a good moveset you have the entire team covered.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Slash as the filler, take advantage of G8r's tremendous attack stat.

Back