• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen wat will happen

dark_mew

owner of a shiny machamp
Years
  • if a pokemon hold focus band and the pokemon use explosion
    will it fainted r will it have one HP left

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Obviously, if it works, the pokemon won't faint, it will keep 1 HP (so, if you are lucky, you may be able to use explosion several times).

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    but user faints instantly if explosion or self destruct is used. o_O

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • Umm I think if you use SelfDustruct or explosion it's still going to die..Becuase swift is supposed to be the move that "Never misses" But when someone uses fly and you use swift it still misses so yea thats why Pokemon has alot of flaws.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Ha, that's wierd. An attack that is supposed to kill you but Focus Band keeps you alive :D. That actually seems like a good strategy.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Actually i just tested this myself, and it *doesn't* work, sorry, not a good strategy, avoid...

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    well i tried it on my diamond...

EDIT: maybe emerald has a glitch right there, cause i think maybe its attended feature, for a pokemon to sacrifice itself to bring down another pokemon, even with focus band.

Last edited:

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    It works, it is my strategy if I don't know what to do anymore :)

Back