• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I guess this isn't exactly a big loss, but I kinda feel that a decent portion of this thread's success was possibly due to its stickiness and its DCC status. However, I also guess we're at the point where most people already know this is a chatting thread, so hopefully the activity won't be hurt too badly.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years

Ghost status GET! I'd like to be Darkrai.

I'm pretty sure that losing the sticky and DCC status won't reduce activity because this has been running so long.

Meadow

Years

Adding on to what was said before, the Bulbasaur Race has seen quite a few activity drops in the past because mainly the only people who know that it's a chatting thread are the people who actually post (or lurk) there, and/or people who are willing to try out new games. But again, luckily most people here already know that this is a chatting thread, though it might be a little hard to attract the attention of newcomers to this thread without its sticky DCC status.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

If anyone feels that a thread needs a boost in activity, let me know. I can try to get the word out on PC's Twitter and maybe make use of the hashtag?

I think this thread will be fine if it's no longer stickied with the DCC prefix. It's active enough that it won't drop down off the front page, and so long as the title doesn't change, it'll be fine to skim through looking for it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'll let you guys know that DLTMS0 and TCTI (over in the playground) didn't suffer (okay maybe tcti did but i'll get to that) from losing their sticky status because the regulars kept coming even though they weren't stickied. Sure, not many new people really come into the thread but that might be because it's kinda hard to jump into the discussions over there. Here on the other hand I feel it's much easier. And if it's on the same page as the Bulbasaur Race then maybe that one's activity will be boosted who knows.

Basically we're trying to balance the threads so that more activity in general will spark. Pokemon Trivia doesn't suffer from it as much as other places, but eh who knows.

And like I said: this thread is not going to be 'the DCC' anymore so the whole 'it should be stickied because it's a DCC' isn't exactly a good argument sorry Sven.

Years

You're the MOD, you know the best :)

Could you just tell us why exactly DCC is removed from the thread? I dont get it because this thread is, indeed a Daily Chit Chat, and its not really taking up too much space.

Also, while I do agree that "this place doesnt need to be stickied in order to be active", it definitely is going to lose on activity eventually for different reasons.

Anyway, yeah, my point is not to argue, Im just curious why exactly its not in the stickies anymore?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

This thread is just as much a chit-chat as the Bulbasaur Race and honestly you can literally have a little chitchat in any other thread if you wanted. People are generally drawn to chitchats and sometimes tend to just stick with the sticky threads. If you put them below with the other threads then they're likely to notice those and check them out as well.

I have another reason too, but I'm not going to divulge it. Just keep an eye on PC the following weeks and you'll notice.

But for the record as long as you guys keep coming around it'll be okay. Just like DLTMS0 and TCTI who people had the same concerns when they were unstickied. And they're pretty much like this thread just with different counting.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

I freaked out when I saw the thread gone. :D;

Eh, I mean, I don't see too harsh of consequences considering there's emblems to win, and this is really the only thread on Trivia that explicatively allows chitter chatter, but ... I can see see death eventually. Granted, this isn't the most intriguing game on Trivia.. :X

Hopefully we won't let that happen, though!

what happens in the following weeks do we get ice cream

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

oh my god.

are you guys even reading my posts

this thread is not the only chitchatting thread jfc.

ugh i wish i could explain myself but i can't do that worth crap ever

</3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

The Bulbasaur Race thread is another thread like this one. It allows chit-chat on anything Pokemon-related as we count. Right now, we're talking about what we'd like to see in the new Z version. Before, we were talking about Super Mystery Dungeon.

This thread isn't the only one for chit-chat. I don't know about any other threads, but I know for sure that the Bulbasaur Race does because that's the main reason I post in that thread (and this one). I like the chit-chat with y'all.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

In other news, I'm excited to see what this surprise is all about. But I suppose we're just gonna have to keep hush hush about it now. I like surprises.​

Meadow

Years

Alright Tara, I'll trust your decision! :D

Anyway, since it looks like we've reached a dead end on this topic, I might as well bring up another! What kind of new features would you like to see in the next Pokémon games? (Or are there any past features which have been removed that you would like to see back?)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Pokemon Following you around kthnks bye

also not having to press the b button in order to run i mean the skates help but in the grass when I don't feel like using my bike on the other hand.....

Meadow

Years

I think I've said this plenty of times, but I really, really want trainer customization back for the following reasons:

As many others have said, this was probably one of the best things (if not the best) that was introduced in X/Y.

I don't know, it just feels as if the world of Pokémon is expanding greatly with each generation, and the bigger it gets, the less uniform it should be. For example, the Player Search System brings together players from all over the world and shows their trainers' faces on your bottom screen. It would be kinda awkward to see the same two faces over and over again, and it would be even weirder to engage in battle with random players who all have the same two designs.

Either that, or I'm just biased for having a trainer who wears green clothes.

Dug this up from December, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

frick i forgot about character customizations probably because i still play XY but yess please don't make them a kalos only thing i will be very upset

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back