• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I still hate how they reset his brain that time though he should be like 14-15 now! Or something why the heck they made him back to 10 i will probably never understand. Lol but is he 10 now in the xy series? I seriously think he should atleast be 13.....

Years

The good thing about XY is that it has been throwing so many curveballs lately. I mean seriously, no one saw Serena's redesign and epic haircut scene coming. But in the end, it was handled so well and the redesign made her even more adorable as a character. I just can't wait to see how her future Showcases will turn out.

On the other hand, I love Bonnie and Clemont as well, they're really funny at times and always like to look out and feel for each other. Seriously the XY companions are the best companions Ash has had since Dawn in Diamond & Pearl.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Hey.
    Let's talk about not leaving the site for three days talking about stuff behind Flare's back.

Jk I luv u all. ;w;
    So favorite of Ashs Pokemon? Does Iris count? Since he did throw a Pokeball at her....
    Going to ignore whatever we're talking about resetting brains because I'm still upset at Rubes in RS PokeSpe
    I really liked almost everyone he comes in contact with, I don't really care. XD

Another thing, we are so many people confused for Pokemon?
    Spoiler:

AT LEAST ASH APOLOGIZED RUBY

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I think there were hints towards the haircut or at least a redesign. I know there were hints towards the latter, at least. But I will agree that it was pulled off well.

I will always love Cilan and Iris. Best Wishes ot3 okay bye. ♥ But I really love Clemont and Serena too. Meanwhile I can't agree completely re: sinnoh because brock was stale by Sinnoh. :c

psh Ruby wasnt gonna apologize to some crazy wild child. :B

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

But first things first, let me clear up one thing - the whole thing about Ash's brain resetting with each new series is actually a myth. Ash's brain only reset once, and that was at the start of Best Wishes. The writers felt the need to do this for several reasons:

1. The production team wanted to reboot the anime with a completely fresh start
    2. The writers completely rewrote Ash's character from scratch (as well as retconning his age back to 10)
    3. There was no direct transition from DP to BW, and this was the only time in Pokémon history where there wasn't a direct transition between two series
    4. Adding on to the above reason, they felt this was the perfect time to start fresh in order to minimize the confusion for younger audiences
    5. There was a certain trend at the time in which many classic anime (such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Pokémon) were doing "rehashes" of their own original series, as well as resetting a lot of formulas

Now I'm definitely not saying these are good reasons to reset his character, but I guess it actually makes sense in the long run. I'm really glad that XY is starting to add more depth to Ash's character, which is really surprising considering this is still "BW Ash" we're dealing with. (But hey, at least Ash didn't reset in XY, so that shows some consistency.)

Makes sense somehow, but why didn't they instead use this opportunity to make a fresh start with a new character instead of redesigning an old one?

Years

Probably because they were worried replacing Ash with a new character would hurt the show's ratings in Japan. That's what I'm thinking was the case.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024

I've got the feel that the Gen VI anime will be the last one with Ash. Just look at how quickly he's developing, as well as the newest intro were you see the boy walking in his footsteps in the end of it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm holding out on whether I think it's the last series or not until it nears the end. We still have like a year to go before we start seeing the finishing line.

That's nice, Percy. Go stand over there until we're done talking. Haters gonna hate but that ain't gonna stop me from talking about my child.

Years

I'm going to feel for Ash a lot in this week's XY episode... because Goodra's farewell. Pinkie-Dawn is claiming it as the worst departure of the series since Ash's Primeape, and it's even sad when you realize Goodra will only have been on Ash's team for just 12 episodes, which is 3 episodes shorter than Butterfree's run before leaving.

Years

You stole someone's chance of becoming a ghost, so basically you're a mean ghost of...that's it :P

Anyway, I really wish they would bring back Misty and Brock. Misty was my favorite character. Sometimes a joker, sometimes a jerk, sometimes serious, has a Gyarados. yep.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Usually.

jfc why does it matter that Goodra was only on his team for 13 episodes Goodra had a nice storyline going throughout all that and it's going to have a nice farewell conclusion. People who have negative opinions about something because they just don't like the idea bother me to no end. :/

Years

I dont quite like how every time someone wants something back from the first generation games or anime are called as genwunners and insulted.

No. I want Misty and Brock back cos they werent so dull. Their dreams and goals were highly emphasized and strongly pointed out. Their character was under constant development. That guy from Johto or whatever who drew, I barely remember him. May was plain. Iris is a brat-ish and I havent really noticed a huge change. Max was a smartass like Brock but I dont remember him having any kind of development. He was only there as a human pokedex.
    So no, I am not a genwunner. Hoenn is my favorite region with favorite Pokemon. Sinnoh had the best music. Johto and Kanto are equal nostalgia sources.
    Liking first generation or simply defending a part of it doesnt make you a genwunner. Some are, but such generalization is so dumb and Im surprised when I see it anywhere outside 4chan and similar sites.
    Just saying.

"People who have negative opinions about something because they just don't like the idea"
    Negative opinions are opinions, and they are created cos something isn't liked. One goes with another. Unless you actually meant "insults" I dont really get why it bothers you.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Kanto isn't exactly my favorite, but I wouldn't mind bringing them back. I wouldn't mind bringjnv anyone back, or replacing them. I honestly don't care. I'm sorry. I just like to see the plot they come up with with them, but I'm not the best anime critic in the world or anythinv so I rarely notice obvious flaws others point out lol.....

Years

Honestly, I dont really care about flaws. I love the anime. The only time I point out flaws is when someone else point out how they dont like when others point out the flaws. I mean there are some obvious flaws, why wouldnt people complain about that. And sure, one can complain about complainers, but those rarely have any solid argument except for "genwunner", "hater" etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back