• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Watch the Glimwood Tangle livestream here

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I, too, am sick of regional variants being overwhelmingly dominated by Kanto Pokemon. That needs to stop. It should have stopped with Sun/Moon. In fact, it should have never started, but you know what I mean.

I say that with a heavy heart because a rainbow maned Rapidash has been a dream Pokemon of mine since I was a child way back in the Gen I era. Now it looks like it will be a reality (as it was hinted in the stream, in addition to the fact that it would be odd to have Galarian Ponyta but not Galarian Rapidash). So I'm actually overjoyed to see this, but the Kanto pandering is certainly still weighing on my mind.

All I have to say is that at least the variants in Sword/Shield have been more interesting. S/M had some really good ones (Marowak, Vulpix/Ninetales, etc.) but then you have the less creative ones which made up the bulk of them. We've only seen three this time, but all three of them have been more than "Lets stamp Dark on this and call it a day".

Last edited:

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
    Years
    I'm hopeful that this will be the only Kanto Pokemon that gets a Galarian form - or at least one of the only ones. I feel like they HAD to pick the Ponyta line because Scotland's symbol being a unicorn and Ponyta was perfect.
    I love it though! They're SO cute and pretty. I had to just leave the stream open when I did other things while online and check when I heard a Pokemon cry... Def couldn't watch the whole thing for long.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I don't think this is the worst to be revealed out of the Galarian form lines. I know an Alola form for Ponyta was well-requested so I wouldn't be surprised with that here. I might even use it as long as it's pure fairy or so forth.

That being said I think it's too early to say this is Kanto Pandering. Considering that all the Alola forms were literally from Kanto it feels like here they at least understand that limiting it from Kanto wasn't the best idea. I guarantee there are prolly mons we haven't seen yet. That and the other than the Pokemon the region doesn't seem to be taking any ques from Kanto itself. What I'm trying to say is that I currently don't see a literal copy of Viridian Forest (cough* X/Y* cough). We'll have to wait and see.

That being said, Joe is pretty dedicated to this, so it's not surprising in the least. I will say that the glowing Ponyta is really cute. Ngl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    They shoulda used the Mudsdale line instead and given us a giant pretty tank of a unicorn.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This livestream took too long, and too little happened in it. I would've liked it more if they showed actual gameplay footage in the forest (as in actually playing through the forest). A few more new Pokemon and Galarian forms would've been nice too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I am a bit bemused by the delay in the report (the main site page for it has sonia saying she'll write up a report 'for gran' soon).

I bet she went to the pub instead of doing her work. :V

Back