• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watchers VS Pioneers

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • There are two types of people in the world: those who watch, and those who take action (pioneers per say). There are many times when someone is in need of help, you're in a crowd, and you see so many people just pass the person by. Then, there's always that one individual (or a few) that stop what they're doing and assist those in need. The question is, which type of person are you?

Are you one to watch something happen or do you take action? For instance, there's a kid being bullied on the playground, do you step in and help the kid out or do you just watch the kid get bullied because it's none of your business?

If you're a watcher, are there times you wish you could take a step up and help, or do you just prefer to keep to yourself?

If you're a pioneer, what is it that makes you want to get involved in something that you may not have any business with?

For anyone, do you choose when the best time to step up would be and when you should stay out of it?

At the end of the day, whether you watched something go down or you decided to step in, do you think you did the right thing?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm replying to this with the assumption that you're talking about violent or dangerous situations. If it's any situation that isn't dangerous at all, I will always help in any way I can and that's all there is to it. No extra detail to include, so I'll just add the detail for violent situations. You can pretty much just replace the words a little and replace the word fight with "situation" and it'll still be in the correct context.

Are you one to watch something happen or do you take action? For instance, there's a kid being bullied on the playground, do you step in and help the kid out or do you just watch the kid get bullied because it's none of your business?
    Depends who it is and what the situation is. If it's a fair fight I'm not going to intervene, if it's clearly one sided I'll step in. If it's some douchebag that deserves it, I don't care.

If you're a watcher, are there times you wish you could take a step up and help, or do you just prefer to keep to yourself?

If you're a pioneer, what is it that makes you want to get involved in something that you may not have any business with?
    If it's a one-sided fight then it's just a pointless situation that obviously doesn't even need to take place, it's just some douche thinking he can push other people around. Why would I just watch someone get beaten up when they don't even stand a chance? It annoys me seeing how much cowardice there is in this world; the bully is a coward, and if all I do is watch it literally makes me just as cowardly as the bully. I don't want to be like that. If it's an actual fight where they're both throwing punches, then it really isn't my place to intervene because they're both on an equal footing.

For anyone, do you choose when the best time to step up would be and when you should stay out of it?
    As soon as I notice that it's literally just someone getting beaten up instead of a fight, then I'll step in.

At the end of the day, whether you watched something go down or you decided to step in, do you think you did the right thing?
    Yeah I've stepped into fights multiple times, sometimes I've been beaten up as well as a result, but I have never regretted that choice. I've never just stood by and watched and I don't think I ever would.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • Are you one to watch something happen or do you take action? For instance, there's a [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]kid being bullied on the playground, do you step in and help the kid out or do you just watch the kid get bullied because it's none of your business? I usually would just ignore him, as I'm an observer.

[/FONT]Yes, I mean if someone killed someone, I would take action and call the cops, if it's that serious. If its not too bad, I prefer the latter.

Does the above explain this?

No and yes.
    [/FONT]

Years
  • I am a watcher, sadly. It seems all I can ever do is watch, though not saying I don't take action if the time calls for it.

But I feel watching something happen has its advantages than going into it guns blazing. I tend to wait a bit to see if a situation goes out of control, and I try to stop it. I've always found this the best way to do things, although I do feel bad sometimes that I didn't step in earlier to prevent something that wouldn't have happened.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Are you one to watch something happen or do you take action? For instance, there's a kid being bullied on the playground, do you step in and help the kid out or do you just watch the kid get bullied because it's none of your business?: I'm more of a watcher.

If you're a watcher, are there times you wish you could take a step up and help, or do you just prefer to keep to yourself?: There are times when I wish I could step in and help, but I just don't know how to do it, so I just stay out of it.

For anyone, do you choose when the best time to step up would be and when you should stay out of it?: I choose the best time to stay in, and usually, it's all the time.

At the end of the day, whether you watched something go down or you decided to step in, do you think you did the right thing?:
    I don't think I did the right thing because I could've helped the other person when I was just sitting there, watching.

Gilgαmesh

I'm pretty ashamed to say this, but it's more than likely that I'll stand there and not do anything. It's not because I don't care for the situation, it's not because I don't want to help, I just don't want to get my own self hurt or anything. However, make it be one of my very close friends that's getting bullied or something like that, and I'll definitely step in, I don't care who's bullying them. I care about those that are close to me.

Definitely. There are just so many times where I just wish that I could get more involved in stuff instead of just sitting there and not doing anything. It's really frustrating. >>;

I'll just put it like this: If you really feel that you should get involved in something that doesn't involve you, do it at your own risk, but knowing the consequences that may come out soon after. It may not be positive consequences all the time, and it may not be negative consequences all the time. For example, if you're going to jump in on somebody that really needs help(like, if someone's bullying them, as stated in the previous example), why not lend them a hand? I mean, the bully would probably end up beating you up in the end(which is the risk factor in this), but at least you're protecting the person, right?

If I watched something happen, depending on what it is, it could be the right thing or it could be the wrong thing. Like, if a fight at my school happens, it's best to just walk away and go on as if nothing ever happened. The fight is completely none of your business, especially if the people fighting in the first place are people you don't even know, so there's no real reason to take action. If it's something like some people getting made fun of and you step in to protect the person, then at the end of the day, that's something good, and it's the right thing to do.

So it's completely situational, especially for me. .__.;

The Red Chain

I will not stand by and watch someone get bullied. I always find myself losing my head for a moment and jumping in to help. I've always been reckless, and these situations are never an exception. xD; I hate bullying with all my being and even if it's not my business to be apart of it, it's my business to stand up for what I believe in. There were so many times in my life that I wished someone would stand up for me whenever something happened between me and my peers.. and when no one did I felt so hurt and alone... I don't want anyone to feel like that, and so, I can't help but stand up.

Well part of it was explained above, and also because I can't bear to stand by and watch anyone get hurt ; no matter who. Sometimes I wish I wasn't like this because there have been times where when I've stood up I've made the situation worse.. usually online. But, I guess that's where some of life's lessons come in.. you have to do stupid things to learn better. So, in a way, being a pioneer isn't totally a bad thing despite the recklessness. ><;

It depends on what you mean by "stay out of it". XDD; My version of staying out of it usually still includes me saying something, but I don't get into the spat physically. As for stepping up, yeah I usually wait a moment to find the best time. ^^; except sometimes i don't...

I do think I did the right thing by standing up, even if I messed up somehow someway. I know I would appreciate the effort for my sake even if it didn't go as planned.. we all work out the bumps together in the end, so.. maybe it's okay to mess up sometimes. xD;

ゼクロム

こんにちは!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I'm more of a pioneer. I'll take action if anyone is getting bullied. But not physically, but mentally.

Years
  • Are you one to watch something happen or do you take action? For instance, there's a kid being bullied on the playground, do you step in and help the kid out or do you just watch the kid get bullied because it's none of your business?
    I take action, every, single, time.
    Even if I don't know the person, for example, getting beaten up, I will always help them out, even if it means me getting involved.

Because I like to help people.

Well, I normally look at the situation first for a second or so, but I will decide when I feel it is right.

I do think it is the right thing. I have helped people in fights many times from getting beat up badly.​

Back