• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water always ends everything

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    This is my Pokemon Emerald team and I want you to rate it.

Swellow@Sitrus Berry

Fly
    Steel Wing
    Wing Attack
    Aerial Ace

Azumarril@Mystic Water

Ice Beam
    Waterfall
    Dynamic Punch
    Hydro Pump

Charizard@Charchoral

Dragon Claw
    Overheat
    Flamethrower
    Slash

Swampert@Kings Rock

Muddy Water
    Earthquake
    Dive
    Surf

Ampharos@Sitrus Berry

Thundershock
    Thunder Wave
    Thunder
    Mirror Coat

Mightyena@Blackglasses

Strenght
    Take Down
    Chrunch
    Torment

And thats all.With this team I've already beaten the Battle Frontier silver symbols at the first shot. please rate it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    If you were in deep battling, it'd be best to give natures, and I wouldn't give them Special and Physical attacks, for example, Azumarril knows Ice beam and Waterfall.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Let's give it a try, shall we?

This is my Pokemon Emerald team and I want you to rate it.

Swellow@Sitrus Berry

Facade
    Quick Attack
    Return/filler

Aerial Ace

Ouch, that hurt swellow. 3 Flying moves are pretty damn useless. It needs Facade, it has Guts, it's just a crime to get it poisoned. Try it, and watch it own stuff.

Azumarril@Mystic Water

Double Edge/Return
    Surf
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Azumarill is a physical attacker by far. It has HUGE POWER. It's less useful as a special sweeper. Keep surf there for a water type STAB if you really must.

Charizard@Charchoral

Earthquake
    Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

Flamethrower
    Aerial Ace/Wing Attack

Again, it can make it as a special sweeper, but it's much better as a physical sweeper with SD or DD (I'd go SD, he's fast enough anyway). And again, flamethrower for stab and special ocasions, and one fire move is enough on him.

Swampert@Kings Rock

Rest

Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Great guy, he really is. Ice Beam for obvious reasons, and Rest because he's kind of a tank and it's good for him.

Ampharos@Sitrus Berry

Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Focus Punch/Fire Punch
    Substitute/Brick Break/Counter/Mirror Coat

Not too many special attacks on the lil' guy, are there? No thunder and for chist sake, no Thundershock...Subpuncher, of if he still gets Fire Punch, that and whatever else. Counter>>Mirror Coat on him, since if you can predict a ground move and he survives, it could be a tough hit.

Mightyena@Blackglasses

Body Slam
    Shadow Ball

Chrunch
    Torment/Yawn/something

Dunno, don't like him at all, he's damn crappy and it's damn hard to come up with a moveset for him. No stab, he dies fast, poor stats.

And thats all.With this team I've already beaten the Battle Frontier silver symbols at the first shot. please rate it.

Well I've given you some movesets for what you have, but imho, loose a couple of them and get a decent sponge and a hardcore special sweeper. And remember two things. Never use more than one move of the same type on the same pokemon and almost never trade accuracy for a bit more power (example Thunderbolt >> Thunder and so on). Overall, it's ingame, so with a bit of tweaking, that team should get you through everything.

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    And thats all.With this team I've already beaten the Battle Frontier silver symbols at the first shot
    Must've been one hell of a miracle because with those moves, I'd cry.

Back