• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen wats the chances??

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
  • Well, the odds of finding a shiny of anything are around on in 8,000 at least, maybe higher. So, be prepared to spend WEEKS looking. I'm not joking on that either.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it's 1/8000 something... forgot the exact number now. But it's roughly 0.01% of a wild Bagon being shiny.

Regarding the worth part, it's really just personal preference...

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • just make a shiny Bagon using the Pokemon calc, its sooooooooo much easier and can save u countless hours.

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • well, i can't help u there. i'll give u 45 hours b4 u break down and decide to use the Calc. thatz wat happens to most of us. o well, good luck and happy hunting!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's a program that creates codes for you to enter into your AR, GSA, etc. It lets you create codes for any of the current 386 Pokemon. You choose it's EVs, IVs, movesets (you can give it moves it usually can't learn), items, nature, etc.

There is a link to the Pokemon Calculator and Maker in the RSE FAQ.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    don't count on it
    i've played over 400 hours on pokemon games and only run into 1 shiny. it was in the safari zone and it ran away.

Years
  • im sure ive seen one before and didnt no it...i would b suprised if ive seen more than one...i dont really pay attetion to wat i run into when im not lvling up my pkoemon...n now that im at the elites...i wont pay much attetion

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Blitz said:
    just make a shiny Bagon using the Pokemon calc, its sooooooooo much easier and can save u countless hours.

I have yet to find a shiny code that works. None of the codes from two different Calc's I 've tried have worked.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I have 83 hours of play time and I've got six shiny pokemon no cheating
    to get them either, they're not so rare , you just gotta stay in one area for a really long time. I've never seen a shiny bagon though...but that would be neat.
    I got real lucky with my feebas shiny, it came with the right nature to make
    it into a milotic it's soo awsome
    anyway, you shouldn't give up, just be real real patient

Back