• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ways to Reduce Lag?

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Hey all!

So I've been working on a Pokemon game using Essentials for some time now. You can download it here to check it out and see what I mean with the lag. Anywho, I have a coder that has added some great and unique features to my game and stuff. Additionally, my maps are kind of intensive at times since I don't do the repeating trees. I utilize every layer in mapping often.

I see ordinary RPG Maker XP games that are more advanced than this with no lag, and I see other largescale Essentials games without lag. Lag has been reduced when I split apart the overworld map into sections instead of having everything be a connected map. Additionally, taking out parallel process events worked decently. But there is still far more lag than there should be.

My coder has tried to get some help here before on the script side of things, but the Essentials kit is woefully undocumented so he has to go on a treasure hunt to find out what anything does.

Does anyone here have any suggestions, or adapted anti-lag scripts or anything that could help? I don't want to go to an older version of essentials since I really like the time-system and use it heavily in my game as well.

Thanks!

TL:DR....
    The game lags when it really shouldn't, I've found some helps for it but I am looking for further help to reduce lag in the game.

EDIT:
    I found that compressing the game through RPG Maker XP as an unencrypted file fixed about 60-80% of the lag issues I was encountering. Any help would still be appreciated though!

Last edited:

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I'm using version 14, currently. Going to upgrade to 15 once my coder can set aside some time after his schooling and when he gets the next few features I need implemented done.

He recently added it where I can now define enemy trainer IVs and EVs for individual pokemon! :D Like not just a blanket IV, but I can define each IV and EV for trainer Pokemon :D

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • You should see if V15 creates a similar lag problem, and if not great, or you could try this
    Its a post I made in relation to a lag problem in V14 but not in V13
    the fix I found was modifying v13's PokmonField script with the changes in v14.

I never made a big thing about it cuz anyone I asked said it was my map or events, but I found this to be a fix for me.

Back