• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We Need More ______ Types!

What Types Do We Need More of?

• Normal

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Fighting

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Poison

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Ground

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Bug

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Ghost

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Steel

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Fire

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Water

• Grass

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Electric

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Psychic

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Ice

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Dragon

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Dark

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • We are doing perfectly fine.

• Total voters

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    Yeah it will be very good if they add more Ghost,Dragon,Dark,Fighting,Electric and Fire since those are the most useful types in my opinion
    Dark Types, In fact I want a Dark Wolf. None of that Mightyena crap. I want a real Wolf. (Even though Mightyena is cool.) Some more Bug and flying would be nice too.
    How bout a werewolf bet that would be awesome thogh zoroark does look like a werewolf but its a monsterwolf pokemon and isn't a monsterwolf a and werewolf the same thing? LOL

Last edited:

mama luigi

It's freakin' Mama Luigi!
    Years
    I guess we need more original pokemon, not just evolved old ones, also, not many legendaries, since we have WAY too many of them! I'd suggest some water and dragon types..!

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    We need more GOOD flying types as in BIRDS. Not flying as a secondary type like Gyarados and Tropius, not Legendary Pokemon. Just standard flippy flappy birds, no dodos, no ducks, no penguins, no big black Godfather lookin birds, JUST FRICKEN NORMAL BIRDY BIRDS, Eagles, Vultures, Hummingbirds, Golden Plovers, Kestrels, Falcons, Antshrikes, Caracaras, Woodcreepers, Great horned owls, KING vultures even Peacocks with Mohawks!!!!!

So anyway... I voted for flying lol
    An more fire types, an dark, steel, electric, ice and ghosts mwahaha lol xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    We don't really need more of anything, just LESS water types. IIRC they account for an entire third of the Pokedex alone.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    We don't really need more of anything, just LESS water types. IIRC they account for an entire third of the Pokedex alone.

I was pretty sure it was only a quarter. Have to check that! It makes sense though as water is life.

Anyways Fire, Electric and Ice are all lacking in my opinion especially fire types. There are 33 (12 of them starters of course) Fire types not including Arceus, not much for something that's supposed to be grouped with Water and Grass. 22 of those Fire types came from the first two generations too, they seem to be a dying breed for some reason...

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I'd like seeing more Electric types that are dual-typed. All the partially-Electric types are pretty reliably weak to Ground moves from what I've seen, with Zapdos and Rotom being the only exceptions (because of immunity to Ground). Volkner is laughably easy because of that.

Flying is my favorite type, so I'd like to see more of those as well n__n;

Years
    You know what would be cool?
    A Ghost/Ice type.
    That would be epic, since both need more Pokemon.
    Spoiler:

I want to see just one legend with the ???-type they decided to program in.

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    I was pretty sure it was only a quarter. Have to check that! It makes sense though as water is life.

Anyways Fire, Electric and Ice are all lacking in my opinion especially fire types. There are 33 (12 of them starters of course) Fire types not including Arceus, not much for something that's supposed to be grouped with Water and Grass. 22 of those Fire types came from the first two generations too, they seem to be a dying breed for some reason...

Yeah and the new (er?) fire types arnt very good.
    Torkoal? i hate it. it doesnt evolve,its ugly, and cant learn very good moves.

And camerupt........Its a camel...

There are more. but none worth mentioning

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    We need more ~useful~ bug and poison types. Fires are cool and so are electric, just need more (and not plusle and minun and parichisu garbage, real pokemon)

Also, since this seems like an appropriate thread:

we do not need more dragon types seriously.

we have too many and its making pokemon less fun. so stop it gamefreak.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Personally, I think there are plenty of the "main" types. Fire, Water, Electric, Grass. What I feel the game needs more of are Poison, Bug, Ice, Dark, and Flying. Now, when I say Flying, I mean PURE Flying types. Not Normal/Flying, Fire/Flying or any other type combination. I'd also like to see PURE Poison types. The other types could be combined in a host of interesting ways.

I'd love to see an Ice/Bug. Or a Fire/Bug. Dark/Flying. Dark/Poison. Oh lord, Dark/Poison could have such neat character designs...

Armleg

Protector of all Slowpokes!
    Years
    Definitely need more fire types. I have heard too many complaints everywhere of gen. IV not having enough.

Years
    Yeah when I was making a team for my platinum version I was really hard pressed to find a fire type other than Infernape. Electric types are pretty much in the same boat too. Some more types I'd like to see are dark, steel, bug, ice and maybe a few more ghost types since they're so cool.
    How does Steel/Ghost sound? It could be like an eerie empty suit of armor with a kind of dark aura coming out of it.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Fire types. We only have one set of fire type Pokemon that have three evolutionary stages, excluding starters (which is Magby >>> Magmortar). It really doesn't give us much to choose from.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    ground-type.... :) because i like them... give more second-type, ground/bug; ground/ghost etc. :P

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Fire...theres the starter Pokemon and then 1 other family in each region...thats not enough <.< how about choices?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I want more Fire types (as most people), more Ghost types (they're the least abundant type) and Dragon types (they're the second least abundant type). Also, did I mention I want less Water types (most abundant type)?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I've voted water, Fire and Electric
    Now before you start calling me crazy, let me explain.
    There are a lot different water types, mut when you're surfing or fishing, you mostly find Magikarp, Tentacool and Wingull. There has to be more variation!

I also voted for Fire and Electric because the only non Starter/non Legendary Fire Pokemon they've introduced since gen III are: Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal and Magmortar! There isn't a single Sinnoh fire pokemon that you'll be able to encounter on the road. I also think there should be more variety in electric types.

I forgot to vote for the ground type...

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    We need a single type flying pokemon!
    Flying is the only type than never appears on it's own! It's not fair!

All the flying /normal types should just be flying type.

I also voted for Fire and Electric because the only non Starter/non Legendary Fire Pokemon they've introduced since gen III are: Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal and Magmortar! There isn't a single Sinnoh fire pokemon that you'll be able to encounter on the road. I also think there should be more variety in electric types.

Yeah there needs to be more electric types! And some half way decent fire types, other than Heatran and Infernape. We need some kind of bulky fire type!

Back