• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We watch Matt go insane: Let's play Pokemon Emerald 386!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • *vein popps on neck* Don't make me angry. You won't LIKE ME when I'm angry. (OK, so you'll never see me angry, but it's the principal!)

I don't record it because of two simple reasons: I don't have the programs to, and have no inclination of GETTING the programs, because my computor for playing this stuff is hecka slow already.
    If you have VBA, then you can record it. (It's better than camtasia, or any of the other free software anyway.) You don't even need Movie Maker to put the recordings on youtube, as long as you make them short enough.

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Unless you want to commentary you don't want to use VBA.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Version 22 has no sound desync.

It's not that I can't record it, it's the whole "Uploading" thing that I can't do. Although if I could... I've got a line of games for my channel (all of them pokemon hacks! :P) ready to go IF I could ensure an upload.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • It's not that I can't record it, it's the whole "Uploading" thing that I can't do. Although if I could... I've got a line of games for my channel (all of them pokemon hacks! :P) ready to go IF I could ensure an upload.
    I'd hate to cause another one of your veins to pop, but I have to ask... why can't you upload them?

Slightly unrelated, but do ppl post youtube LPs/soloruns here also? I've always wanted to comment on a bunch of stuff that's happening in my videos, but the description bar on youtube just isn't good enough for that (I know, that's what annotations are for, but that's more work than it's worth.)

mattman324

Years
  • Well, someone did an Earthbound LP that used videos but advertised it here, and there is a thread in the LP Group about ZD's Raptor LP, so maybe.

Also, I can record the videos. But then if I try to put them on Youtube, it says something along the lines of "Youtube doesn't accept videos of the (something or other" format", and I have no way to change the format.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Ahh... I think I know what your problem is. You probably used the movie recorder (.vbm file) instead of the AVI recorder. Youtube should accept .avi files, so if you do that, you shouldn't have any trouble.

(Assuming you've never used that to record, I would recommend using the Microsoft Video 1 compressor, and then setting it to 100% quality. That will keep the quality at almost max, and cut the file size down 20 times.)

mattman324

Years
  • Um, how do I get this compressor thing?

And can I record sound as well?

(Back to the LP): I will be making more parts tonight if this BLASTED SNOW doesn't stop me. Expect some this weekend. And if I can figure out how to record... well, here is a nice place.

mattman324

Years
  • Hmm. Okay.

Oh, and by the way...

I HATE SNOW! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT SNOW! I HATE THE CONCEPT OF SNOW! I WISH SNOW WOULD DISSAPEAR FOREVER!

...so yeah, updates next week.

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
    Years
  • i'm not a big fan of "LP" but i like your humor, keep it going, your great :D

i'll be sure to check the thread every now and then ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Alright, here's what to do.

1. Record an AVI movie, setting "uncompressed" as the compression level in VBA.

2. Download Virtual Dub and edit the video, going to the VIDEO tab, then FRAME RATE. Click the "Change frame rate to:" option and type in "59.7" Press F7 and save.

3. Download Zune Converter and set the output format to "WMV 8" and the resolution to "640x480 VGA". Leave everything else as the default and click "CONVERT" to convert. This is to compress the video so it doesn't take four years to upload.

4. Congratulations! Your video is now fully synched and compressed! Go upload it on Youtube or somewhere!

It works, I've tried it. See here for near-perfect synching. This is someone else's video with bad synching. See the difference?

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Alright, here's what to do.

1. Record an AVI movie, setting "uncompressed" as the compression level in VBA.

2. Download Virtual Dub and edit the video, going to the VIDEO tab, then FRAME RATE. Click the "Change frame rate to:" option and type in "59.7" Press F7 and save.

3. Download Zune Converter and set the output format to "WMV 8" and the resolution to "640x480 VGA". Leave everything else as the default and click "CONVERT" to convert. This is to compress the video so it doesn't take four years to upload.

4. Congratulations! Your video is now fully synched and compressed! Go upload it on Youtube or somewhere!

It works, I've tried it. See here for near-perfect synching. This is someone else's video with bad synching. See the difference?
    Or you could just download Version 22 of VBA and not have to do any editing, and it will sync perfectly. https://code.google.com/p/vba-rerecording/

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    EPIC FAIL.He already put wrrd on his team

Back