• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weapons!

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm rather fond of the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles. A laser sword that lets you see a few seconds into the future and alter it if you're quick enough makes for a nice gameplay mechanic. Seen one lightsaber, seen them all, but the entire plot revolves around it. xD

For novelty...the Cerebral Bore, from Turok 2. It locks onto your target's head and burrows into their brain in a spectacular display of strawberry-jam fountain gore...before exploding. Can't go wrong with that. Beware, oblivion is at hand.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I just remembered something awesome — the Point Singularity Projector.
    Recently developed by Terran scientists, the Point Singularity Projector essentially generates a tiny 'jump event' and using a tremendous amount of energy, accelerates it away. The singularity eventually destabilises, collapses and releases an tremendous amount of energy expanding rapidly outwards, causing massive damage to any nearby ships or stations.
    Basically it fires black holes. Apparently the original concept is from Andromeda, but the video game containing them as a functional weapon, and the description above, is X3: Terran Conflict.

Thinking about space guns also reminds me of the Storm Chaingun from Escape Velocity: Nova. I had a pair of these on an IDA Frigate and they are as cool and useful as they are bulky and ammo-hungry. Admittedly, this weapon can't actually be used per se, since it's an automatic point-defence system, but still.

Last edited:
    Back