• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Web Frameworks

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    For those of you who are unaware of what a web framework is: A web framework is simply a library housing classes/functions and other convenient helpers that support the building of a website. There are many out there that implement different design patterns. A popular web framework that has taken the web by a storm is Ruby on Rails. It powers numerous websites out there, including the oft mentioned Twitter and its web interface.

Basically, this topic is for the discussion of frameworks. I'll go ahead and start off with a few questions, to those willing to answer:

Have you used a web framework before? If so, which (was it)/(where they)? How was your experience with it?

If you have not used a web framework before, is it because you did not know of their existence?

To answer my own question:

I've used many web frameworks, most of them being the popular ones. I first started off with Catalyst, although I realized that it was just too bloated for my own good, so I moved on to try Ruby on Rails, and I stuck with it for a while. I gave up on it, and moved on to Pylons instead.

After a while, I wanted to see what else there was, and then I had a go at the very recently fleshed out Python implementation of SUIT, and found it perfect for my needs. I deploy most of my Web Apps. using SUIT, although I still love Pylons.

Discuss.

Back