• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Webmaster Programs I Made

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I'm taking Visual Basic as my first class this semester, and this is what I've made for programs in my spare time:

1. Hex Code Generator
    This is the first program I thought up. You simply click on any color you want, and it will show the Hex Code value of it so you can use it on your website. The colors are somewhat limited, but you can get most colors you would want.

2. Layout Generator
    This program makes simple layouts for you. You just specify what colors you want, and how wide everything is, and it will generate a layout for you. Make sure you enter all fields that ask for a width, or the program will close. There's also a simple mode with less stuff to enter.

Please download these programs, test them out, and tell me what you think of them so I know what I should add in further versions. They are very basic, and only new webmasters will most likely find any use in them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    The webmaster one doesn't seem to work. I filled in all the fields, but it only coded a little bit of the layout.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Did you type all of the colors with the first color capital like "Black" and Red", because I'm not sure but I think they might have to be like that. Whether or not that's the problem, could you post the layout it gave you?

From what people have said so far, I need to do a lot before they are "User Friendly".

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    This is what it gave me:
    Code:
    <html> <body <center><table width= 740 border=1 bordercolor=000000 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> width= 120><font size= 1 width= 500><font size= 1 width= 120><font size= 1
    But I used hex instead of color names. That might be the problem.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • why not set it to do compliant html too while ur at it.. it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

<table width="740" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" ...> etc. (bold added to show missing entries) - bordercolor="#000000" is not a compliant entry..
    and so on...

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I'll give you a hand with the layouts one if you need it, since there's a lot of dirty code and you obviously don't know how to insert " characters. (I've made a lot of these myself, but for my personal use.) For the color one, there's already a very good program called Color Cop.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    At the time I made the program, I didn't know how to add apostrophes, but now I know you must manually enter the value of it. I plan on editing it once I get the chance, but I don't have access to VB at home. Hopefully I can get it somehow...

I'll also probably make it so you can enter your own Hex codes too.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Good Job,

This can really help people and end the nagging of new webmasters needing simple layouts.

PA I always admired your work, and now their are more creations of yours to be admired by numerous Webmasters.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Master Blaze said:
    PA I always admired your work, and now their are more creations of yours to be admired by numerous Webmasters.
    Thanks a lot!

Jedi_Amara said:
    If you send me the source code (just as a TXT or something) I'll clean it up for you :P
    I'm getting a friend from school that knows a lot more VB than I do to help me out. But the code for the entire program is just like this:
    If Text1.Text="White" Then Text10.Text= Text10.Text + "<font color=FFFFFF"
    It's just a bunch of conditionals, except for the number inputs, which I use strings for.

The next version will probably have a small color pallette pop-up in which the user clicks a color, and the value is input into the textbox. That way the user can input the color name, the Hex value, or choose a color. And because my friend knows most VB, we can make it so it doesn't have so many holes.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Poke-Amph said:
    If Text1.Text="White" Then Text10.Text= Text10.Text + "<font color=FFFFFF"
    It's just a bunch of conditionals, except for the number inputs, which I use strings for.
    Just to note, you should add the "#" in there, so that Mozilla browsers can read it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I didn't know Mozilla needs the # sign, I'll edit the program to use the values with # before them.

Back